screenshots 3.0

Stevo

Thanks for the info Dejawolf. The T-90A seems to be a tougher nut to crack than the T-80U. I wonder why so many people seem to underestimate the tank when its being compared to the Leopard 2a4+ , Abrams M1A1+, and Challenger 2. They just seem to see it as barely upgraded iraqi T-72, totally ignoring the fact that it is pretty much a brand new vehicle.

With proper ammo loadout (i.e. 3BM-44M,etc.) it should be a very dangerous opponent even for a Leopard2E or M1A2 SEP.

The uparmored Challenger 2 would have great difficulty dealing with the T-90A.

The mediocre two piece CHARM 3 round and the weak lower glacis are two glaring weaknesses that make a Challenger 2 inadequate in an open field engagement.

The Challenger 2 sorta reminds of the T29,T30 and t34 heavy tank in World of Tanks. Massive turret armor but no hull armor.

Ditto for the T-90, if you look at the armour values surrounding the COM (I.E. the Gun, Gun Mantle, Driver's hatch)

MASSIVE UBER POWERZOOM ARMOUR everywhere 'cept the most likely place its going to be hit. :debile2:

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's still got the same issues the T-series suffer from however, slow reverse gear, and slow reload time.

I still dont understand how such a relatively important feature as reverse speed has not been updated to the western standards.

Reverse can be very handy in some situation

I still dont understand how such a relatively important feature as reverse speed has not been updated to the western standards.

Reverse can be very handy in some situation

russia don't believe in defensive positions, so they decided to save a few pennies on the reverse gear.

no reverse leaves only one option........fight.the Russian tankers know that a shitty reverse gear(and the designers)will motivate them to fight foward.i dont know how big the Russian tank force is on manuver warfare,but im guessing not so much to the extent of Western and EU armies.i think the commies are more into saturation warfare,keep the metal rollin til its overwhellmin.:)

no reverse leaves only one option........fight.the Russian tankers know that a shitty reverse gear(and the designers)will motivate them to fight foward.i dont know how big the Russian tank force is on manuver warfare,but im guessing not so much to the extent of Western and EU armies.i think the commies are more into saturation warfare,keep the metal rollin til its overwhellmin.:)

maybe am I being naive, but shouldnt the old zerglin like communist tactics be gone with the fall of the usrr...?

maybe am I being naive, but shouldnt the old zerglin like communist tactics be gone with the fall of the usrr...?

no they still fight that way AFAIK for the most part.and communism is far from dead in the motherland,call it what you want in any number of flavors,its still the same.while the peoples do have much more freedoms,they are still ruled with an iron fist,and if its crossed.....well you can figure it out.

I don't mean all those defense expo gimmicks.

What I mean is that is still retains a low center of gravity and can turn fairly quickly, which means it can shift battle positions and stay low in uneven terrain contours while advancing on you. This is still a trait that it inherits from the T-72.

well the T90 is really just an T72 upgraded,i believe it was to be called T72BU or something like that.but it is a large step fwrd for the reds.in 2013 i believe the Russkies will start production of the Armada i believe its called.a totally new AFV.