skins in 3.0

Stevo

Er? I don't see how this would move the two apart. I must be misunderstanding something.

I was just thinking having locations on the tank that you could have alphanumeric font 'typed' into it, kind of like placing text on the map but on the tanks instead for designational purposes that is automatically done by the software itself... or not.

Unit 21 on the minimap just has the '21' printed in some generic font onto the tank model's appropriate locations. A text overlay. Not sure how feasible this is, but I'm sure if it were easy it would have already been done.

• 2 weeks later...

Been away from SBPro for about a year, and now Im reading trying to catch up. Having player unique skins or at least identifiers is something Ive been asking since the day I bought this sim. Was told "no" to any of my requests when I asked on SimHQ.com some while ago. Along with skins and identifiers, other things like persistent tank tread tracks, popup map for use without having to leave 3D view world (keep eyes on battlefield whilst looking at map), support for secondary monitor for map, tank pennants, customizing the game GUI backgrounds, and TrackIR support of player's head movement independent to the tank's turret movement.

After reading this thread with great anticipation, Im still not clear as to what is going to go into 3.0 in regard to the individual tank markings or skins. Can someone make it clear for me as to the current status please?

AV8R

unique or custom skins in the sims I fly...

IL2-COD http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/AV8R_/AV8RSKIN_zps73586bd1.gif

FalconBMS http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y133/AV8R_/BMSAAR3_zpsee2598e0.gif

• Members

We haven't found the time to implement any of your suggestions yet. They are not forgotten, but - well, there was a lot of other stuff to do as well. As far as I remember, I didn't say "no" but "not yet". Seen in a short term context, it amounts to the same - but in the long run, it doesn't.

If SB Pro development has taught me anything for life: Patience will be rewarded. :)