M1A2(SEP) CITV

Scrapper_511

• Members
That's the IVIS not the CITV. :)

If it was the IVIS, this would be an M1A2, not the M1A2 SEP. So you're looking at the FBCB2, except that this isn't the FBCB2 but the good old Steel Beasts map screen, superimposed on the monitor surface.

:debile2:

If it was the IVIS, this would be an M1A2, not the M1A2 SEP. So you're looking at the FBCB2, except that this isn't the FBCB2 but the good old Steel Beasts map screen, superimposed on the monitor surface.

I have been out-geeked. :(

So that monitor image is photoshopped? Is it nonfunctional or is the actual image not ready to be revealed just yet?

That's the IVIS not the CITV. :)

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it wasn't the thermal viewer but didn't know what else to refer to it as. I Googled (and Wiki'd) FBCB2 and found nothing but model kits. IVIS however got some good results. From the sounds of it, yeah, it's like SB's F5 map capability. Would it be correct to assume that FBCB2 is an upgraded version of the IVIS (I apologize, the banter between Ssnake and Hedgehog is lost on me :debile2:)?

So that monitor image is photoshopped? Is it nonfunctional or is the actual image not ready to be revealed just yet?

I think you'll find that, like the Strv 122 and Leopardo 2E already in Steel Beasts, the map screen presented at the TC's station is a generic representation and approximation of the actual interface used in those vehicles, i.e. the generic map in SB provides similar capabilities such as Blue and Red force tracking, graphic overlays etc. I understand the map in SB to be much more accurate and responsive than similar systems in real life though, so you end up with better situational awareness. Still, it's no different to having a moving map you can use as TC of a Leopard 1 or T-72M1 in SB today anyway, just not within the TC's field of view like it is in the Strv 122, Leopardo 2E and, soon, M1A2 SEP(!).

I think you'll find that, like the Strv 122 and Leopardo 2E already in Steel Beasts, the map screen presented at the TC's station is a generic representation and approximation of the actual interface used in those vehicles, i.e. the generic map in SB provides similar capabilities such as Blue and Red force tracking, graphic overlays etc. I understand the map in SB to be much more accurate and responsive than similar systems in real life though, so you end up with better situational awareness. Still, it's no different to having a moving map you can use as TC of a Leopard 1 or T-72M1 in SB today anyway, just not within the TC's field of view like it is in the Strv 122, Leopardo 2E and, soon, M1A2 SEP(!).

I had no idea (or maybe long forgotten) that such features already existed in other vehicles. This goes to show how dedicated I am to the M1. With the 'A2 becoming playable, my bias is ever more reinforced. :debile2:

Thanks for the clarification. I knew it wasn't the thermal viewer but didn't know what else to refer to it as. I Googled (and Wiki'd) FBCB2 and found nothing but model kits. IVIS however got some good results. From the sounds of it, yeah, it's like SB's F5 map capability. Would it be correct to assume that FBCB2 is an upgraded version of the IVIS (I apologize, the banter between Ssnake and Hedgehog is lost on me :debile2:)?

Yup, pretty much:

Both are "Battle Management Systems" = Interface to issue orders.

FBCB2 = Force Brigade Command Battalion & Below. (Platoon upto Battalion) What is in use today with most digital radios.

IVIS = Inter Vehicular Information System. (Platoon & Company-ish) A more basic version of the FBCB2