Please recommend German maps

Scrapper_511

Please recommend available German maps ideal for the creation of U.S. versus WP scenarios. I would like to use a single map to experiment, study, and fine-tune scenario creation. The map should include villages and industrialized towns in addition to open tank country. I don't plan on commanding larger than a company sized American unit.

Thanks gentlemen. I really regret not asking about this sooner because this is a really nice map to explore. I think the Hameln region would be a good place to start experimenting. I saw that Hanover itself is not populated in this map at which point I realized why Eisenschwein may have been creating his beautiful version of it.

I have another question: Is there a populated map of Kassel as well?

• Members

Not that I know of. The Weserbergland map is still work in progress. More villages will be added over time. Hannover however is the big elephant. I'm not sure if we will ever see anything that is remotely close to the real building density, even if we're just talking about the outskirts. Just look at the satellite images in Google Maps to understand the enormity of the challenge.

I have another question: Is there a populated map of Kassel as well?

Nope. WIP is on the detailed "Fulda Gap"-Map, but it lasts only to Rothenburg a.d. Fulda/Bebra/Bad Hersfeld in the most northwestern corner of the map.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19260&d=1368478006

There is a great user demand for a method of quickly and efficiently populating maps with buildings etc. It shouldnt take hours to put buildings down and orient them. Thats the reason most maps have few buildings.

Not everyone has the ability to use shape files to add these things to a map.

I've been using the stock Fulda map almost exclusively so imagine my excitement finding "real" cities in the Hannover map. I do hope that more German cities are reproduced at least to the level of what I've seen so far in the city of Hameln (from stock Hannover map). There are already a couple of custom maps that I'm eagerly waiting for community members to finish (kudos to them).

Another question:

Doesn't TerraSim convert satellite imagery into a 3D map? I forget , is it only for military applications? Isn't Terrasim designed to make map creation easier? I know I've asked something like this before, but the answer (and the thread) eludes me.

P.S. Will there be new updates (hopefully in the form of screenshots) this week?

Nope. WIP is on the detailed "Fulda Gap"-Map, but it lasts only to Rothenburg a.d. Fulda/Bebra/Bad Hersfeld in the most northwestern corner of the map.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19260&d=1368478006

OMG, can't wait to use this along with Hünfeld map that Eisenschwein is working on. You guys rock :biggrin: