ARRC training day

Kingtiger

Yeah that was one hell of an evening cheers Zip!

That video is quality very nicely done, I enjoyed watching that, well worth recording that one! :men_ani:

The comms worked out perfectly there, we all knew what we were doing and what was going on around us, totally perfect. If I wouldnt have been so brash in exposing myself to get a good shot on one of those T-72s near the start I would still have a 4 tank platoon :)

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Zip

thats a really cool video youv'e made, could I for one ask if you could please keep producing them as the format you have chosen really shows what the A.R.R.C is about. My only question is, when did this battle take place was it after I went to my sleeping roll or was it made during the afternoon either way Im looking forawrd to taking part again next week.

All the Best

Irish

Ah Irish it was well after you had gone, forgot what time, but it started at around 1.45am (that sort of area) UK time.

This was the last event of the evening, before that myself, Kingtiger, Vati and Zipuli ran almost back to back platoon sized missions, with one tank per user, often ending up with some multi-crewing. Sean joined in a bit later too!

But still, hope you had fun on the eastern front scenario :) that was one hell of a meat grinder down south with mine and Vati's jaguars hehe

Hope there is more of the same next week!

Cheers

I think the video shows quite well why some armies spend some big $$ to buy SB Pro. And realism = fun in this case, right? :D

Zip

ps. sometime we need to do it without the F5-mapmode and with printed maps and see how we can pull it off with "full realism"! ;)

ps. sometime we need to do it without the F5-mapmode and with printed maps and see how we can pull it off with "full realism"! ;)

its enough if you disable map update in mission editor... ;)

I do that on some missions sometimes and its used to be loved atleast.

I will edit some of my less complex Coy missions so that the enemy is less overwhelming (Stalin, read: easy ;)) and that there is no map update (map mode available for Irish to produce a plan etc.).

I hope we can try them out next Sunday, because navigating while attacking is not too easy! (also if CO / OC has no visual on all platoons the situational awareness is kept up with plt leaders' sitreps and it will teach to give them too!) I will use easy (like most my missions have - at least for navigational purposes ;)) terrain for starters!

How does it sound guys?

Zip

I will edit some of my less complex Coy missions so that the enemy is less overwhelming (Stalin, read: easy ;)) and that there is no map update (map mode available for Irish to produce a plan etc.).

I hope we can try them out next Sunday, because navigating while attacking is not too easy! (also if CO / OC has no visual on all platoons the situational awareness is kept up with plt leaders' sitreps and it will teach to give them too!) I will use easy (like most my missions have - at least for navigational purposes ;)) terrain for starters!

How does it sound guys?

Zip

Its more then welcome! especially for me that now dont have to play my own scenarios for once =)

Hi Zip

that sounds excellant. Without wanting to cheat could you email the mission up front as it could save time on the boring planning.

I would also like to introduce some very basic voice proceedure. If we cover a few prowords at a time ie "a little often" it will not only make comms easier but will sound much more proffessional and therefore more enjoyable.

Once again looking forward to Sunday

Irish

I would also like to introduce some very basic voice proceedure. If we cover a few prowords at a time ie "a little often" it will not only make comms easier but will sound much more proffessional and therefore more enjoyable.

Irish, can you post mentioned voice proceedures in our forum on ronner.net so we know about them in advance?

Good thing we didnt all play naked as did Zipuli...

Shame that my virgin Madonna with big boobies did not propagate on the map. Tho my fishy did a good impression of her..

Well.. that's what you get for playing past 3am :thelmut:

Hey Zip great idea, as long as im at the seat of my beloved 122 im a happy bunny! (leo 2A5 as much of a favorite too :biggrin: )

Are you going to post those videos when edited? how did they come out?

Look forward to next Sunday its always a blast!

Yes, I will post the vids when edited, hopefully before next Sunday - but haven't got much time before friday.. Both videos end some 2 minutes before the missions ended - doh! Videos are from Frozen Hell and Hitting where it hurts...

Zip

ps. Would this sig look good? Like you know, I always wanted to be a...