ARRC training day

Kingtiger

Stalin, you chose to be the spineless recce dude yourself... Next thing you need to do is try to disappear during the missions, pretend you lost comms and start boiling hot chocolate under a nice tree somewhere out of the harms way - preferably in some swamp where armour can't go. ;)

Yeah Paladin, will do!

Got to say that when it comes to mission making i usually tend to make longer missions than shorter. The problem is i know what will happen... last mission i was pretty sure the few T-80s would've decimated Stalin, but for some reason Sean killed them with ease (too easy actually)... d'oh! I usually plan the red side so that they allow recce to pass and kill Stalin deeper in their defences where they can't get any help :D but this time the poor enemy got steamrolled... (must have been because the drunken F10 fired so damn accurate bombardments... and he was handsome too)

Zip

Dont forget who was calling the arty to F10 in the first place :P

Hey I love my recon role anyway, its actually much more fun than kiling stuff! And no I wont be imaging Irish in the battlefield stopping for tea every 10 minutes lol

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried, but for some reason only 10 of the 110 minutes got recorded... also filmed the platoon drill missions (2) we played but we got a bloody nose there so they are naturally cencored ;) I try again next time...

Yeah Stalin, you got a role that suits you well... now you're the first to die and won't screw up our tanks - or the trees... You know TC's don't grow in trees! And our work is easier when enemy contacts are marked on the terrain with burning CVs ;)

Zip

Yeah Stalin, you got a role that suits you well... now you're the first to die and won't screw up our tanks - or the trees... You know TC's don't grow in trees! And our work is easier when enemy contacts are marked on the terrain with burning CVs ;)

Zip

I seem to remember E company made it through the whole battle :P lol

Will do - last weekend the recording did not work for some reason. Usually when there's enough players I try to record both TS-comms and video with sound and compile something, but for some reason only about 25% of the recordings actually come out good enough to be edited into video... -But as Stalin would put it, that's because I am a F'n n00b ;)

Zip

OK, made a video of last training day (July 2nd 2007). 10 action packed minutes showing ARRC attacking in a 6 player coop. Mission is a modified version of stock mission "PzGren Assault" by LtHenkel (changed blue side units for playables). Thanks to JanTog and Scotsgrey for filling the important Plt Leader seats!

This again shows what ARRC training days are all about - teamwork and a lot of fun!

Main focus on this video is on XO, as I was the one with the camera. Aside from the one "gig" to secure our left flank I was mostly hanging around with Stalin's tanks providing them cover and preparing to lead the reserves where ever they would be pushed to. And we got pushed right into the hornet's nest! This is "The XO Story" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSrkijbiem0

Hope you enjoyed this piece of shameless propaganda!

Zip

PS. Quite surprised about the sound and visual quality of the upload this time - didn't get all pixelated and distorted! Music - 1st song Primus: Power Mad, 2nd Rammstein: Links 2,3,4, 3rd Oysterhead: Army's on Ecstacy (this one could easily be the ARRC theme song???)

OK, made a video of last training day (July 2nd 2007). 10 action packed minutes showing ARRC attacking in a 6 player coop. Mission is a modified version of stock mission "PzGren Assault" by LtHenkel (changed blue side units for playables). Thanks to JanTog and Scotsgrey for filling the important Plt Leader seats!

This again shows what ARRC training days are all about - teamwork and a lot of fun!

Main focus on this video is on XO, as I was the one with the camera. Aside from the one "gig" to secure our left flank I was mostly hanging around with Stalin's tanks providing them cover and preparing to lead the reserves where ever they would be pushed to. And we got pushed right into the hornet's nest! This is "The XO Story" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSrkijbiem0

Hope you enjoyed this piece of shameless propaganda!

Zip

PS. Quite surprised about the sound and visual quality of the upload this time - didn't get all pixelated and distorted!

I had just come across it on youtube. Rest in peace sir!:)

Irish, I will - whenever I got time... Compiling that stuff takes some time due to WMM crashing every now and then due to overloads. But this time I had free from work. From what I watched the other videos it seems our comms are on a quite good level - add TSnoise and it sound terrific! (especially Stalin's voice - you ever worked on radio? ;)) If only I would learn use the magic words "over" and "out" sometimes...

Any ideas for next weekends mission? Still got few free days and not much to do... Tanks, anyone?

Zip

P.S. Thanks ShotMagnet - I guess I just don't have anyone to send me mail then... all these years... D'oh!

Irish, I will - whenever I got time... Compiling that stuff takes some time due to WMM crashing every now and then due to overloads. But this time I had free from work. From what I watched the other videos it seems our comms are on a quite good level - add TSnoise and it sound terrific! (especially Stalin's voice - you ever worked on radio? ;)) If only I would learn use the magic words "over" and "out" sometimes...

Any ideas for next weekends mission? Still got few free days and not much to do... Tanks, anyone?

Zip

P.S. Thanks ShotMagnet - I guess I just don't have anyone to send me mail then... all these years... D'oh!

lol thanks for the compliment zip :)

As for working with radio I did alot of radio discipline in Air Cadets and worked with signals type stuff quite a bit, especially on exercises.. but that was a while ago now ;)

I would like a FMT Tank platoon scenario actually. preferebly with AI units around (like support mech coys attack/defence againt bla bla)

maybe Leo2A4 or strv122.

normally wooded terrain, no 2km ranges.

I might turn up sunday ewening, not sure and wont promise, as I will be heading home from a field trip sunday afternon...

/KT