ARRC training day

Kingtiger

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a mission that is sorta-kinda ready; if you're looking for something that's balanced then this probably isn't it, but otherwise...

Shot

Intressting, but you would have to change the callsigns of the vehicles after our template, we have preset callsigns for our vehicles (FO is always F10, enginers G1 and so on) but otherwise it would be intressting.

what vehicles is it in it?

There are actually two of them. One is a 'take the crossroads' thingie with a mix of tanks.

The other tasks Blue with covering the extraction of a commando platoon, while Red tries to win past Blue to nail the team. I don't recall the force-mix for this one at the moment, but I think it's more homogeneous than the other.

For that matter, units and call-signs can be changed in both cases without damaging the scenarios. I think. :)

Shot

Hi Tarball

in ref to your question about north americans. We never have had a policy of "No North Americans" that would somehow imply that we would take on say "South Americans" etc and could constitute being racist.

What we started out to do was produce a virtual unit made up of solely North Europeans who played the game using a common ethos, ie that of making the sim as realistic as possible. As you may have seen from the excellant AAR videos produced by Zipuli we are well on our way to achieving our aims.

We do however suffer from recruitment problems and as will allways be the case "real life" seems to interdict with our plans to assemble GMT 1800 on Sunday evenings.

Of late we have invited other non ARRC players to our training sessions and the results have been well recieved. What I would like to add at this stage is my personal thanks to those Non ARRC players for their participation however it is still an ARRC training session and the direction of these training sessions should and will allways be directed by ARRC members.

Having played SB PRO PE and also R-Factor with you Jeff personally I dont see any problems with you joining in on our sessions on Sundays.

Looking forward to chatting with you on Teamspeak

Irish

Its an european virtual unit from the begining, so its not like we exluded North americans only, we exluded all non-europeans ;)

But as Irish says, recruitment is pretty low so probleby we will lift it so the only demand is a good ping and being able to play 1800GMT sundays. (not gonna have a european part and an american part unit divided by timezones)

/KT

Its an european virtual unit from the begining, so its not like we exluded North americans only, we exluded all non-europeans ;)

But as Irish says, recruitment is pretty low so probleby we will lift it so the only demand is a good ping and being able to play 1800GMT sundays. (not gonna have a european part and an american part unit divided by timezones)

/KT

I sat in once or twice previously - I'm not even looking to join as much as seeking permission to participate here and there. I believe my ping is solid KT, you've played games I've hosted and vice versa.

As Irish points out, it's the approach and attitude of ARRC that I like.

Yeah Tar, your not a problem at all :)

we are discussing the question about non-european players in ARRC on the forum, and one thing is that we wont split the unit and we wont change time we play. so if a guy can live up to that and want to play it the way we like to play SB then I dont see a problem.

Ofcourse he gets a tryout like ewerybody else, if the guy dont fit in the units hes out, no matther if hes european or not.

I wouldnt mind having you in ARRC actually ;)

/KT

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys for showing up today, was a totall blast and the new campaign are exiting =)

A special thank you for Sean who hosted and to Paladin and HotTom for joining in and helping us having a wonderful time.

eweryone did well, didnt see any major fuckups, despite no mapupdate and no clear situation (war started a few mins into the game!)

So, thank you all and I hope I see you around next sunday as well!

CHeers /KT

eweryone did well, didnt see any major fuckups, despite no mapupdate and no clear situation (war started a few mins into the game!)

CHeers /KT

Zip took me as gunner to have have a gunslinging match with a T72 at 1500m with a CV90 head on, is that a fuckup? :sonic:

Hi everybody, i'm a 20 year old(young?) swede, who just recently finished my service (earlier this summer) as a Tank Commander on the Stridsvagn 122.

I ordered SB PRO PE last friday and looking forward to trying all new stuff out that wasnt in SB1 :sonic:

Hoping to be able to join your games for some gueast appearances on the virtual battlefield.

Regards

122_TC