ARRC training day

Kingtiger

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HT: thanks, that means allot :)

Ghost: well... Not yet. as a replacement for the 121s getting Knocked out in the future maybe, but right now you are stuck with the 121. (and dont get them killed just because you want a 122... its not ewen sure we can get replacements)

by the look of it we will get a platoon of PBV302 (M113AS4) from the brigades recon as replacement for 2A who got totally whiped out.

Next sunday will be intressting, eitherwise we will end up in in a brutal combat or we wont ewen see a enemy during the whole scenario... all thanks to Irish :P

/KT

Wtf, 121/302?!

122/9040 All the way! ;-)

well, its a question of game balance.... 9040 is damn superior to any other IFV/APC in SBP, just as the 122 is superior to the tanks in SBP...

and when you have the top notch of the vehicles in a scenario the scenario gets booring, because to get some exitement you need to flush like 2 Coys of tanks against a platoon of 122 so the 122 must work instead of just standing still firing at anything they see.

thats why we have 121/90B while the recon troop use 90C.

so now the tank guys (mostly Ghost) need to work not to get killed instead just sitting on hes fat ass doing nothing as the same time as the CV9040B can work wonders if they are used correct and not used as a tank.

But as the war just started, and its caos all we can get is one platoon of the brigades recon platoons, wich use PBV302 in this scenario (Dont know if P7s Brigade recon have moved up to CV9040B or if they are still stuck with the PBV302 IRL)

anyway this is as a penalty for loosing 5 CV90Bs and one 1CV90C in last game, now we have to work with much poorer equiptment.

/KT

As far as i know, all recon-units nowadays uses the 9040. I believe the brigades recon units were the first to switch to the 9040.

EDIT: I totally get your point with game balance, the 122 is a mean one, but it'd be fun to get in the top seat of my dear old friend from time to time. Well, luckily there's SP-mode...

OK bad news guys... today my HD died on me.. started to behave weird and then refused to boot, when trying to reinstall windows the disc cant find a HD to install on!!!

So on monday I will go and buy a new HD, and then try to recover the data on my old (if thats possible, wich I hope).

Anyway, the outcome of that is that there is no campaign mission 2 for this sunday, nor is there a KT who can play (on my laptop wich cant take SBP....)

and... no strv121 skin exept the WIP Zipuli have :(

Sorry all and let us hope I can recover the stuff from the old HD...

/KT

I fried a hard drive about a year ago and paid a tech to come to my house and salvage what he could.

He salvaged a lot! I was amazed! Could NOT save any applications (exes) but every skin, mission, documents, anything that was in a folder was salvaged. I had a new computer when he arrived (the old one was ancient and not worth spending more money on) and he just fed the stuff to my hard drive on the new machine.

It's certainly worth a try. Everything should still be on the disk; it just won't spin.

To protect myself, I bought an external hard drive for backing up everything. The kicker is: The external drive blew up last week as I was updating it :) As soon as I can afford one, I'll buy another external HD. Good insurance!

Good luck!

HT

Ah ha, so thats what a campaign map looks, very good stuff, I think I will need to create one like that with a multi mission scenario on it :men_ani:

http://www.wineshark.com/battlefield/resources.php

Thats the link to the last HtH ol campaign we played. It was done for SB1 by Shotmagnet and the other guys from 29'th, and it was great fun

(There are some thoughts, brainstorming and work going on about adapting BFN rules for a new similar campaign for Pro PE)

Excellent, all my time on SB pro I havent seen this. Will it possible for the SB Generals to join your online campaign this sunday as long as we are directed on what to do and if there is room? It sure be a learning experience for me I sort of love big maps. I hope our mega host Sean comes.

Regards

Excellent, all my time on SB pro I havent seen this. Will it possible for the SB Generals to join your online campaign this sunday as long as we are directed on what to do and if there is room? It sure be a learning experience for me I sort of love big maps. I hope our mega host Sean comes.

Regards

No, this is for ARRC members and guys we invite to fill up the rank, it isnt a public thing really (I post it here so they guys who joines in as extras know the situation as well)

WE INVITE people we think can be intressting to us and want to play it the way we want, we dont invite entire VUs who have made it clear they play it anyway to win...

And this sunday we will have 4 tanks, 5 CV90B 1CV90C and the Coy supply train, so its not like we have much room anyway, all depending on how many ARRC members shows up.

/KT

About the size of the scenario... as its around 6MB (yeah wow.. due to big map size) Im gonna upload the scenario here on sunday one hour before we start so guys that are gonna join in can DL ad drop it in downloads folder so it will show up directly and we dont have to sit and wait for all to download it ingame wich takes so long time.

No, this is for ARRC members and guys we invite to fill up the rank, it isnt a public thing really (I post it here so they guys who joines in as extras know the situation as well)

WE INVITE people we think can be intressting to us and want to play it the way we want, we dont invite entire VUs who have made it clear they play it anyway to win...

And this sunday we will have 4 tanks, 5 CV90B 1CV90C and the Coy supply train, so its not like we have much room anyway, all depending on how many ARRC members shows up.

/KT

Actually I have posted a PM to Irish and await his response regarding playing with you guys. Regarding SB Generals VU only wanting to win, thats not entirely correct, yes that is one of our main goals in Head-2-head scenarios, but they are many players in our VU that want to play and enjoy all aspects of SB pro and its not just about winning. It be interesting to see what I can learn

by joining you guy, hell I don’t even need a unit, I be happy to be a spectator.

Regards

Then lets wait and se what our OC says, but I repeat how it works in ARRC:

We Invite those we think can be of intresst to us or we think like to play it the way we play ("Realistic").

And for learning to play it realistic it isnt that hard, just ask any of your military active/ex active members how they normally fought in real life, and read some manuals that floats around on the net.

1 Coy limit: 1-1.5km with, not wider unit borders then that (In SB you can open it up to 2km as our terrain arent as good as real life)

a platoon attacks 300m with but can defend 1km with (thats for tanks!)

when a vehicle get damaged pull upp repairs and medics to deal with it.

Have a clear Chain of command with propper callsigns.

Platoonleaders (subordinates) do what they are ordered to, or have a good reason not doing it. they must also report whats happening all the time, just as the CO must inform the coy of the overall situation.

When attacking you should be 2:1 (3:1 is the golden rule, but then you win to easy, 2:1 gives more challenge) and when defending you should be 1:3.

what many scenario creaters never think about is that when a force attacks its always superior in numbers (99% atleast, there are exeptions as always) and the oponents they find dont have the same amount of tanks as the attacking force and so on.

A realistic scenario can be for a Mech Coy reinforced with 1 tank plt to take a small village or a line somewhere, and on the way engaging 1 enemy platoon at the time (this can be done so they face 1 platoon at the time on different lines or places).

Its darn easy, read manuals, use your head and ask real life commanders and voila you have "realistic" gameplay.

However Realistic gameplay demands more from the CO (you) so I suggest you find a good Tank coy/mech coy tactics manual and learn it inside out.

/KT

I wasnt expecting a lecture on what is realistic or not realistic, everyone has different views on that. Even between military guys they are always difference in opinion. But anycase, I don’t want to hijack this thread and start a discussion on realism. But thanks for the heads up about what you think is an realistic scenario. What you guys have done with an Campaign type scenario is the first I’ve seen, Warborg pointed out earlier that one took place on Steel Beast 1, which I believe was an head to head campaign. Im tempted to start one like that too :)

Thanks for reading.

Yeah well I started this campaign to show ARRC what happens when we screw up...

Lately in ARRC there has been a tendancy to ignore damaged vehicles and stuff like that so I thought about making a campaign where what we do this scenario affects us next scenario.

And Irish have showed he understanded it fullfilly when he first scenario made sure eweryone was filled up with ammo and fuel before ending it, making our djump of point in this scenario betther.

And its more fun to play when you know that what you manage or fails with today will affect your life tomorrow. So its a good way to enforce "realistic" gameplay and motive players to participate :)

/KT