ARRC training day

Kingtiger

Well its both hard and easy to evaluate your success/failure. (especially as im no recce guru)

But look at it this way:

If you have scouted an area and the company later on gets fucked in that area you have done a bad recce (or the enemy just moved into that area)

If you detect enemys and reports that to 0/A wich deals with it you have done well.

If both your vehicles survives all contacts/visual enemys you have done good,

If they dont you have failed. (start to looking why that happend?)

you have the 90C as default recce vehicle by a reason, more armour to take thefirst punch when it goes to hell and little ammo to keep you from trying to fight your way thrue.

Dont mind the jokes, you are doing darn good for being a civvie with no recce experience exept games! :)

You should have seen the 3rd game yesterday and you would never again worried about being joked about, im sure I will hear about that game for atleast half a year or so :P

/KT

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, real life recce dudes also get laughed at a lot ;). Like their live-fire excercises where after seeing first target you need to hold fire and have 20 seconds to not being seen - also need to make the hot chocolate in same time! Not easy...

But last sunday was fun(+ny at sometimes - right KT? :D) and i guess everyone learned a lot from their own and each others mistakes. Maybe a video is up before next sunday, as a lot of stuff was taped...

"but after a while you start believing the jokes lol"

-The goats and the pitchfork was a joke, right? Right?

Zip

PS. a nice pic from one of the drills we did - Alpha company forming in line on a ridge with Paldin/Hairy in far left, then CO, in middle was Anzac and Sean and in far right, closest to the "camera" is Team Slovenia ("the best platoon" - Vati 2007) with Vati and PeterGrozni - 13 x 120mm pointing at the area where an enemy attack came from just minutes ago - they did not live long :) (well, after the attack continued we hade our share of dying too lol)

lineformation.JPG.a45afaab59b9c3a7ca3d6c

lineformation.JPG.a45afaab59b9c3a7ca3d6c

http://arrc.s5-forum.org/ARRC_propaganda/ARRC_Drill2.wmv

Not available in youtube as it is few minutes too long... It's in original size and quality. Right click - save as... don't link this anywhere please! If the server get's lag because of this, I remove the file...

Zip

EDIT: Link fixed...

EDIT2: I will divide the vid into 2 parts and upload to YT sometime soon :P

I really like these ARRC videos. You guys are orgnized and seem to work really well together. I like the strict radio decipline too. That's great.

Tanks topkick, yeah we are starting to pull our shit together again, after we opened up our games to anyone who wanted to join we dropped really bad in performance, so now we have closed for all exept 1 guest per session and starts to get our shit together again with comms and behavior :)

/KT

Last Sunday's mech coy mission was dynamite! Good job all, especially Stalin - the recce info was almost perfect! Helped a lot when deciding what to do next! Also KT managed fine leading the company to final objective after I did some bucket kicking... (damn BMP-1 hiding in the bushes ;))

Video will be X parts, as the mission took 124 minutes to complete!!! My HD ran out of space (50GB!!) JUST before OBJ 2, so sorry about that...

For non-members, this mission was with 500m visibility, no map updates, and unit ID's on. Also included was one bridge laying operation - under the watchfull eyes of some T-80s! 1/E (Stalin) is a recce section of 2 CV9040C's - he moved to our final objective area to keep an eye on enemy movement and to call down arty on them when the time was right. No one of us saw him during the whole mission after he went on his way, just heard the reports he kept sending :). All the other players were in A company that did the main attack along the main road thru OBJ 1 to OBJ 2. Enjoy :)

1st Part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVpBNsNLgE

2nd Part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1GFOlXqUhw

In 3rd part the real flanking and bridging business starts!

Zip

Nice one Zip,

Not only are these vids cool to watch, I personally find it very valuable as a training aid to see things from the CO perspective in these missions. Please continue to release these, they are not just good viewing its a good educational aid.

Overall im very pleased that my recon mission went well and that it was of use to the company, I really do enjoy that more than *shooting shit up* so to speak :)

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Cheers

"Overall im very pleased that my recon mission went well and that it was of use to the company, I really do enjoy that more than *shooting shit up* so to speak"

Something is wrong with you and KT... other one wants to avoid fighting and other one fix broken things. But it leaves more to the XO to kill, no problem (well, if Vati and PG don't get them all first) ;)

Zip

Something is wrong with you and KT... other one wants to avoid fighting and other one fix broken things. But it leaves more to the XO to kill, no problem (well, if Vati and PG don't get them all first) ;)

Zip

Nopp, we are just the only one who have realised that there are more to do in SBP then shoot things up ;)

and figure how much info stalin have gived you and how many vehicles I have made fightable and rearmed and you start to see how much you could perform if we wasnt around ;)

/KT

Yeah I was hopping that wouldn't show up ! :redface: 3/A was providing me with more then a little frustration with AI drivers wandering off and getting lost.Was more like trying to heard cats then control a platoon.Seemed like every time I looked I was missing somebody...usually 33/A....would detach himself and meander off into the woods

Paladin, you were my hero of the mission...your 'jesus' comments were priceless... there were few of them and it made me laugh so hard out that my neighbours looked at me the next day w/ WTF look.

Hehehe yeah, it was really entertaining, just as vati I was laughing as hell over it, they where so priceless, kinda like ghosts "FUCK!!" over the air :P

/KT