3.0 crewable vehicles.

BlackDeath

I also read that ther t-72m1´s armor is a little thicker and the overall package is a weee bit more advanced compared to the t-72m.

I was also under that opinion lavictoireestlavie

As for the BV, Are the reactive plates functional.

Or are they just for aesthetic.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

No, they are functional. That does not necessarily mean that the will defeat all incoming RPGs. but in the scenario that I played in order to make these screenshots, a number of hits created no damage (presumably because of it). Tandem warheads will of course ignore ERA surfaces.

No, they are functional. That does not necessarily mean that the will defeat all incoming RPGs. but in the scenario that I played in order to make these screenshots, a number of hits created no damage (presumably because of it). Tandem warheads will of course ignore ERA surfaces.

Excellent.

Looking forward to using the beast.

Just a quick note from a very infrequent poster....

I would just like to say "thanks" to the eSim team for all their time, dedication, patience, professionalism and technical accumen that has gone into preparing this build. Although I know there are many on-board who will discuss, ad infinitum, which variant / field-mod / jury-rig version of AFV will be playable vs non-playable, I am simply overwhelmed by the depth and breadth of SBProPE, and this new update looks outstanding. The fact that this game is available to joe-average consumer is a testament to the value of a dedicated developer and an equally dedicated and enthusiastic fan base.

Finally, FWIW...as a sometimes PM for software dev projects, it is always interesting to see the perspective of the end-users who throw in comments like "can't you add this?" or "why doesn't it do that?" and "It will only take five minutes to develop!" Software development is a terrible beast, not a steal one.

Thanks again for making this great game even better.

regards,

F9F Panther aka Jack Nastyface aka The Strontium Dog

Will there be an accompanying visual effect?

And they provide the immersive atmosphere of the particular mission and time period.

My sentiment exactly! There could never be too much WP vehicles playable or not. And I'm glad each respective era from the seventies to the nineties are getting more comprehensive in vehicle inventory.

Just a quick note from a very infrequent poster....

I would just like to say "thanks" to the eSim team for all their time, dedication, patience, professionalism and technical accumen that has gone into preparing this build. Although I know there are many on-board who will discuss, ad infinitum, which variant / field-mod / jury-rig version of AFV will be playable vs non-playable, I am simply overwhelmed by the depth and breadth of SBProPE, and this new update looks outstanding. The fact that this game is available to joe-average consumer is a testament to the value of a dedicated developer and an equally dedicated and enthusiastic fan base.

Finally, FWIW...as a sometimes PM for software dev projects, it is always interesting to see the perspective of the end-users who throw in comments like "can't you add this?" or "why doesn't it do that?" and "It will only take five minutes to develop!" Software development is a terrible beast, not a steal one.

Thanks again for making this great game even better.

regards,

F9F Panther aka Jack Nastyface aka The Strontium Dog

I'm with Panther. No better, harder, more evolving sim than SB. I'm literrally turn away from flight sims because the Leo 2A4. :-)

BTW, is this the one currently used in Syria? Looks like they have reactive armor on the different videos I saw (or is it simply brick tiles..?)

Not that one. Syrians have T-72M1 series vehicles(aside of older T-72 and T-72M), some of those tanks upgraded with K-1 ERA kit and some have TURMS FCS(interesting, that tanks with italian FCS did not get ERA)

Thank you for the compliments. :)

If we want more players however, spread the word. We need your testimonial in places other than this forum (even social media, if you chose to partake in those).

Some of us are already trying to promote SB.On other forums.

But its hard completing with fighter plane Sims.

And supposedly free to play games. with flash Graphics but limited play ability

I often look at how many visitors we get to this site.

There seems to be a steady flow of traffic from visitors.

One area that need emphasizing is SB is good value for money and just how much work and How long its taken To get SB where it is today. The average customer just sees the 120 Euro/Dollar price tag.

With out the knowledge that there really buying a continuously developed product for over Ten years

I remember buying the original Ghost recon. I then purchased all

The expansion packs that came along.I think the total price was about the same as

SB would be today And that was over ten years ago. hopefully the promotional videos for 3.0 will generate a lot of Interest.

I think a great way to promote the game would be to promote the SimHQ Military Monday games and the Friday night SB games.

These events are filled with some great , welcoming community members that promote some of the best aspects of the game : planning, prep, coordination, and mission command.

I know that the Mil Monday folks are a mix of active and former military folks. Always looking for more players for mostly coop games.

Bottom line is that its a great community, and that might be an appeal to most, especially when you compare to other communities.

I think a great way to promote the game would be to promote the SimHQ Military Monday games and the Friday night SB games.

These events are filled with some great , welcoming community members that promote some of the best aspects of the game : planning, prep, coordination, and mission command.

I know that the Mil Monday folks are a mix of active and former military folks. Always looking for more players for mostly coop games.

Bottom line is that its a great community, and that might be an appeal to most, especially when you compare to other communities.

I agree it is a good site to promote SB and Ssnake makes regular posts there.

I also have started posting on Sim HQ.Promoting SB and Soviet VU

May be after the update release Esim could arrange an open day/night for interested people

Showing some of the highlights of the Sim with experienced users to give advice

Some of the members have made excellent videos in the past. brave rifles comes to mind

But theres nothing like the personal touch.

I agree it is a good site to promote SB and Ssnake makes regular posts there.

I also have started posting on Sim HQ.Promoting SB and Soviet VU

May be after the update release Esim could arrange an open day/night for interested people

Showing some of the highlights of the Sim with experienced users to give advice

Some of the members have made excellent videos in the past. brave rifles comes to mind

But theres nothing like the personal touch.

*Looks pointedly at Comrade General Markovskievitch.*

Ahem, Comrade Hedgehog may not be thinking like a good Soviet.

But Comrade Hedgehog is actually rather put out by Comrade General Markovskievitch's

lack of mentioning of Comrade Hedgehog's efforts.

:neutral: