3.0 crewable vehicles.

BlackDeath

Folding screens were intended to provide protection against HEAT warheads coming from the front(+/-30 degrees) to the hull sides. They worked well in this role, but were useless against threats coming from the others sectors, so continuous reinforced rubber skirts were introduced(this measure also reduced dust clouds on the move). Its very interesting to note, that new skirts were planned to be used together with old "gills", but this never happened in real life.

Edit: typos

Had the crew to go out of the tank to fold the screens?

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its all-around best upgrade ever, comparable with transition from SB Gold to SB Pro PE

+2

i will not even know what to start with

M1A2SEP?

T62?

the fun spike missile?

crushing civilians?!

artillery?

or just watching to the new graphic engine......? too much stufffffffffff!

Sh*t just got real! :D Finally a playable "Beast" like AFV in SB Pro! Personally I'm more happy about this than the M1A2 SEP! Any chance for a commander's HMG?

PxS3CL-IewY

"Out of commission, become a pillbox. Out of ammo, become a bunker. Out of time, become heroes!"

i used to like this movie, the only one with a hero tank (besides tank girl of course ;) )

Question on the T-62: with respect to the TKN-3 commanders' sight, is it the same sight mechanism as the T-72 commander has? In other words, will the T-62 commander be able to slew the turret to the target he is looking at, put gunner on target?

Yes, T-62 TC can use target desination mode, but cupola does not have counter-rotation drive.

Yes, T-62 TC can use target desination mode, but cupola does not have counter-rotation drive.

Forgive the ignorant question but are you saying that the TC's TKN-3 sight in the T-62 cannot rotate on its own? The TC's TKN-3 can only view the area that the tank turret is actually facing?

Forgive the ignorant question but are you saying that the TC's TKN-3 sight in the T-62 cannot rotate on its own? The TC's TKN-3 can only view the area that the tank turret is actually facing?

Cupola(and TKN-3) are fully traversable, but there no device that will keep TKN on target when turret rotates- commander must rely on his muscles :)

& Built-in Stabilisation gyros.

No. On T-72 cupola is coupled to turret ring with electromagnetic clutch and drive shaft, but on T-62 cupola have no any mechanical or electromechanical drives(closest analog- M113 VC cupola).

Edit: I forget that M1A2 TC cupola seems to be fixed and have separate MG race track . Ups, bad sample.

Cupola(and TKN-3) are fully traversable, but there no device that will keep TKN on target when turret rotates- commander must rely on his muscles :)

Ah I see. Thank you. After your initial post I was thinking Esim was going to have the TKN-3 sight modeled after what we have in the BDRM-2 and BTR-80. Glad to know I won't be limited in my view angles playing as TC.

No. On T-72 cupola is coupled to turret ring with electromagnetic clutch and drive shaft, but on T-62 cupola have no any mechanical or electromechanical drives(closest analog- M113 VC cupola).

Edit: I forget that M1A2 TC cupola seems to be fixed and have separate MG race track . Ups, bad sample.

I was talking about the TC's ears & his innate ability to tell which way his head (which is interfacing with the TC Cupola) is pointing in relation to his body (which is interfacing with the Turret).