New Pics

Marko

• Members

Today it's a bit about the new or updated maps. I didn't illustrate the new Paderborn map that will be coming, thanks to the untiring efforts of user "Manteuffel" who's been manually editing the whole region for the past two or three years.

Zipuli's map is also about as detailed as it gets by manual editing. One of the tasks (for us) in the coming 12 months is to make it easier to fill the terrain with traffic signs and other small "clutter" without having to place each by hand. Otherwise I don't think that the level of detail could be increased substantially in broad regions on the map (rather than a few, tiny islands that might have everything).

Today it's a bit about the new or updated maps. I didn't illustrate the new Paderborn map that will be coming, thanks to the untiring efforts of user "Manteuffel" who's been manually editing the whole region for the past two or three years.

Zipuli's map is also about as detailed as it gets by manual editing. One of the tasks (for us) in the coming 12 months is to make it easier to fill the terrain with traffic signs and other small "clutter" without having to place each by hand. Otherwise I don't think that the level of detail could be increased substantially in broad regions on the map (rather than a few, tiny islands that might have everything).

Yaaah! Thank you!

• Members
Thanks for the new pics. Those maps look very immersive and I am amazed by the amount of work that went into them.

What units might have fought in these regions during the 80's?

To the south, it would have been the BAOR. Here it would have been the Bundeswehr up to about a further 40km to the north, then the Britons, the Dutch, and the Germans again.

They indicate the fatigue level of infantry (which in turn dictates how fast they can run).

That surely makes them 'health bars' in computer game speak. :) Sad to lose such an emminent member of the community, but I expect we shall survive. ;)

They indicate the fatigue level of infantry (which in turn dictates how fast they can run).

So infantry can respond to different speed settings based on a route order now? Have there been any changes as regards whether infantry follow formations? Could we put them in column behind a tank for example?