3.0 Weapon System count

Ssnake

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You boys definitely deserve a Leclerc. You must be the only VU without a fairly close proxy for their national MBT. Though I appreciate all reasons you don't have one, you've got my respect for maintaining a longstanding VU using the Strv 122 as a Leclerc (immersion killer!)... :drink:

Lots of Leopards 1’s and 2’s and a big Dutch expansion are great for the sim and our European friends.

Sure, guys like me would like the whole fleet of M1, IPM1, M1A1, M1A1(HA), M1A2, all the Bradley and M113 variants but I understand that much of the development and variations in the sim are dependent on paying military clients. Are there enough Russian and US Cold War brats like me who just want to play 1986 over and over again while listening to Morrissey and The Smiths?

I wonder if the market may be right for a tank sim that is marketed to the US/Soviet customer that covers the whole WW3 what if thing from 1970's to the 1990's. When was the last tanksim on this topic released? It used to be that numerous companies had M1 sims at one time.

Granted none as good as SB. So what would it take for new commercial tank sim that is as good as SB to be developed? Will eSim continue to update SB for another decade or will there be a new sim at some point?

I have to caution you about the release date however. July 4th may not work out. We're nominally three weeks before the date, and one last key feature has not yet been implemented. Based on past experience this suggests that we would either have to skip that feature, or to further delay the release date. I think that SB Pro PE 3.0 would be incomplete if we shipped it with the old effects animations that you have seen in some of the recent screenshots. Therefore I tend to favor pushing back the release. We won't go overboard with the eye candy so not to delay the release too much, but fire and smoke and dust at the very minimum need to get updated.

i agree let's wait,better to do it right:)

Wonder how fast it would be?

Am I correct in saying the main engine has a jet powered blower?

Kind of like an Uber Turbocharger.

As fast as a Leopard 2A5 with a greater acceleration that allow it to have a greater cross country speed.

This is made possible with a diesel engine coupled with a gas turbine engine that provides most of the power at low revs.

The diesel engine is boosted by the gas turbine engine providing much more air than a simple turbo compressor.

You boys definitely deserve a Leclerc. You must be the only VU without a fairly close proxy for their national MBT. Though I appreciate all reasons you don't have one, you've got my respect for maintaining a longstanding VU using the Strv 122 as a Leclerc (immersion killer!)... :drink:

We don't even have a M47 to represent post WW2 period.

The only things that are used by french army are the Tiger and the Sperwer... not really tanky tank elements! :biggrin:

The upcoming upgrate is a little more better for us with the arrival of the AMX13, wich is ... an infantry tank. :casstet: :biggrin::biggrin:

Anyway, we play SteelBeasts for what it is : A true tank simulator that makes tank enthusiasts tingling.

• Members
Will eSim continue to update SB for another decade or will there be a new sim at some point?

We worked hard to get into the position where we are right now, and it took us the better half of a decade. Al and I teamed up in 1997, and I have every intent to be here in 2017, and hopefully 2027 as well. Whether that will be feasible remains to be seen, but I think that we've sufficiently demonstrated that we have a long-term strategy and never did this for the quick buck.

3.0 is already a huge update, why not wait the extra weeks to get the special effects up to par with the new artwork? It will only be more worth the wait then.

Besides, delaying it would be a good excuse for me to spend time with family on July 4th anyways instead of ignoring them and diving into SB 3.0 lol.

I vote wait until it's done to your satisfaction.

The Leopard 2A5 GE model looks fantastic and I'm looking forward to using the IPM1. I've always loved the 105 mm-armed M1 (I think it's my third favourite tank in SB after the M1A1 (HA) and Leopard 1A5 DK) but it could definitely do with more armour in the frontal arc againt late Soviet-era tanks like the T-80U - enter the IPM1. There's going to be months of fun exploring and coming to terms with all the new kit in this upgrade, with still more on the way... Thanks eSim!

Edited by Panzer_Leader

• Members

Well, there's no way how we could provide every single vehicle with every possible nation-specific camouflage and decal texture set. What it does however is to make it much easier to install multiple mods together. So there's still room for mods, it's just that they are no longer mutually exclusive as long as you can put the files into different nation folders.

Well, there's no way how we could provide every single vehicle with every possible nation-specific camouflage and decal texture set. What it does however is to make it much easier to install multiple mods together. So there's still room for mods, it's just that they are no longer mutually exclusive as long as you can put the files into different nation folders.

That is going to be a big help in keeping things organized and not having to worry about changing skins when playing several different missions in one day. Thank you for this!