3.0 Weapon System count

Ssnake

Speaking of weapon systems, would it be too early to reveal whether the fuchs, for example, will have the option of being equipped with an RWS? And will there be any addition of wheeled, player controlable ATGM carriers, apart from the tow equipped hummer?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the best of my knowledge, Fuchs vehicles would at best be equipped with the FLW-100 or FLW-200 remote weapon station, neither of which is currently modeled in SB Pro.

Okay, I must admit that I never knew what kind of RWS they were equipped with, I get the point :) thanks

To the best of my knowledge, Fuchs vehicles would at best be equipped with the FLW-100 or FLW-200 remote weapon station, neither of which is currently modeled in SB Pro.

You can also fire the MILAN ATGM from the commanders hatch.

But if you make the MILAN vehicle mounted(+playable), do it for the Marder 1st ;-P

You can also fire the MILAN ATGM from the commanders hatch.

But if you make the MILAN vehicle mounted(+playable), do it for the Marder 1st ;-P

erhm, I actually came close to mentioning THAT, with the Milan launcher, but I didn't want to push it hehe.....that and the fact that the Boxer, according to the SBWiki, actually too normally is equipped with the Kraus Maffei weapon station, but that in this case, the standard RWS in SB is accepted as a replacement....just a thought hrm hrm mnyeah.....

Great update though! I absolutely look forward to see it! Great work :)

erhm, I actually came close to mentioning THAT, with the Milan launcher, but I didn't want to push it hehe.....that and the fact that the Boxer, according to the SBWiki, actually too normally is equipped with the Kraus Maffei weapon station, but that in this case, the standard RWS in SB is accepted as a replacement....just a thought hrm hrm mnyeah.....

Great update though! I absolutely look forward to see it! Great work :)

The only version of the Fuchs that can be fitted with the FLW would be the Fuchs A8...not modeled in SB so far

I'm pretty sure you're preaching to the choir, I'm certain that Ssnake knows it would be nice to have. I also have confidence there's a good chance you will see it eventually in an update. I've never seen a developer with the resources and desire to add this much content. They've backed their product for so long and by every means would still desire to do that.

It also gives you something to look forward to.

Ssnake, thankyou so much for the update, it really sounds like this release is going to be just what we need. The infantry updates will be really appreciated by those of us that have a soft spot for Mech Inf. I can't speak for others but I am more than happy to wait for the release if it means that you guys get to iron out bugs in 3.0.

reposting on correct thread :redface:

Ssnake, I see that you've placed M109 and 2S1 under "playable" system. Could you elaborate on playable functions ?

And also : "In high realism, artillery strikes will no longer be shown on the map screen. At all. You can still order a strike from the map view, but you'll have to memorize where it'll land (and when), and there's no feedback about the actual location. This strongly favors observed fire."

It will makes life much tougher, especially dodging ICM strikes...

Does it include FASCAM strikes and the resulting minefield?

We will have to print many maps :)

And also : "In high realism, artillery strikes will no longer be shown on the map screen. At all. You can still order a strike from the map view, but you'll have to memorize where it'll land (and when), and there's no feedback about the actual location. This strongly favors observed fire."

It will makes life much tougher, especially dodging ICM strikes...

Does it include FASCAM strikes and the resulting minefield?

We will have to print many maps :)

I intend the put a ref marker.Where my strike will land.

And use a good old pencil and paper to try to keep track.

As i have previously stated i can see looking after the ARTY as a full time position in large scale H2H or co-op missions

In soviet VU we will have a lot of battery's to feed. LoL (BM-21 oh yes)

56e83ce775863_images(2).jpg.1842044b8922

56e83ce775863_images(2).jpg.1842044b8922