Tutorial mission suddenly at night when I load a plan?

Rangoon

I was modifying the battle plan for the multiple units M1A1 mission. I had loaded it a few times, and everything seemed normal. However, suddenly the last several times I have loaded the plan, the mission begins at night. The time is still listed as noon, but when I start the mission it's night. If I don't load this plan, still day time.

Any idea what I've done? I don't see any way for a plan (.pln) to change the time of day.

• Members

It may be that your scenario is based on one of those early maps where no proper latitude/longitude information was stored. In that case Steel Beasts "guesses" the time zone, and that could mean that you're off by up to 12 hours. Now, this problem didn't occur until after we introduced a basic simulation of solar movement in the sky. If your scenario originally predates that point, the problem simply was never to be seen. Now that you modified the scenario, this issue comes to light (err, darkness).

So, in the Time/date settings, try and adjust the time zone by six hours and see if that changes a little, then go from there.

(You may think that you didn't modify the scenario, and technically you are right. But the PLN file actually IS a scenario file (where only the increment between the original file and your additions are stored). So, you need to adjust the original SCE file in the mission editor to fix this.)

Interesting. Well, it's the final tutorial of the M1A1, and doesn't show up in any of the lists when I go to Open in the editor. I will just not use a modified plan (or remake it, since it didn't go awry until I had saved my 3rd or 4th plan).

Thanks.

Tutorial missions can be found at "C:\Users\All Users\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\tut" in the appropiate vehicle folder. In order to edit these, you will need to copy the scenario in question into one of the other "scenarios" folders (such as Single or Demos). Now you can modify the mission in the editor, then just move it back and overwrite the original when done.