• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is the little boy running away?

What does he know that nobody else knows? :sonic:

Yeah...playing around with the options lately, You can realy produce some "combat indicators" now in SB. E.g. all the women and children(but no men) leaving the village just as you're about to enter it.

Or a road that usually is jammed with rush hour style traffic...now lies deserted ahead of you.

Sce designers will have a field day!!!

• Moderators
Well there is already Tacbat's small arms mod, which gave e.g. "AK" and "M16" a different sound !

Really interesting !

But ... it doesn't work anymore with the latest version of SB (something about the volume level IIRC).

Now, if this would function again in 3.0 ...

Would be awesome.

They have always had different sounds. Those are simply different different sounds. ;)

But if you like his mod, just open the .WAV files and reduce the volume to 50%.

Has there been any answer on the levels of cover provided to dismounts in 3.0.

Every time there is any incoming anything the dismounts get killed off.

Has there been a consideration that "gone to ground" means that the infantry have found hole and folds on the ground to provide cover.

Any infantryman knows the value of the ground to his survival.

Completely agree. Statistically, if prone even on flat ground, Inf have a pretty good chance of surviving a close miss unscathed, and in bunkers or in folds in the ground would be almost invulnerable to anything but a direct hit. Sure, their hearing might not be the best, but I'd classify as "stunned", not killed outright!

lol,that wasnt always the case esp with dismounts and atgm.what i meant if you had 10 rounds of dpicm per tube for a total of 160,you would lose 120 and only have 40 avail.i remeber when crunchies would have acess to the dead grunts ammo.possible sometimes...yes.

ok,cool.so if i have 18 tubes of SPA and i lose 12.ill only have 6 tubes worth of ammo?

Well I guess you could drive your remaining SPA asset to the old gun position and hope that there maybe a round or two lying around the old position (just in time for the "repeat" to arrive). ;)

Well I guess you could drive your remaining SPA asset to the old gun position and hope that there maybe a round or two lying around the old position (just in time for the "repeat" to arrive). ;)

i cant belive the Australian Army would condone such a tactically unwise move...and this from an LTC.lol:wink2:

haha,will there be FDC?and counter battery?

Well if your UAV detects a gun position and you have as yet unallocated fire units, why not?

I don't think though we will get into the realm of counter battery radars and automatic return fire once rounds are detected in flight (of course such a thing could be scripted, with a bit of thought).

haha,will there be FDC?and counter battery?

Well, the scope of the on map arty now, as I see it, is "fire support"(=arty as "service provider for the combat troops), as opposed to "combat with fire"(=arty doing their own fight against high value targets including enemy arty assets).

Me?

I can't wait to use a BM-21 over open sights. :biggrin:

I foresee a situation where a single pipsqueak Infantry Squad with ideas above their station holds up the Soviet advance.

In this situation levelling the building they are ensconced in will be deemed acceptable by Soviet High Command.

Or bypassing.

Well if your UAV detects a gun position and you have as yet unallocated fire units, why not?

I don't think though we will get into the realm of counter battery radars and automatic return fire once rounds are detected in flight (of course such a thing could be scripted, with a bit of thought).

how does counter battery works? can radar detect the tiny rounds in flight and calculate their trajectory?