Where have all the aussies gone :(

chappy

YEAH! we rock like the NTC map (now there are some rocks)!

Fantastic game guys, I hope my OC aspirations didn't appear to go to my head.. but it was great facilitating a win on the second map.

Big ups to Stewy, you'll go far (for a chocco... :P )

good to have a full house. Next week for sure.

It was really good. We played a couple of scenarios. the first was by Garyowen and involved a clearance operation of 3 bridges in a valley.

Blue Forces comprised 2 troops of M1A1 and 1 troop of Bradleys in the US setup (4 vehicles per)

I OIC'd that one and we moved in fairly good order although altogether too slowly. Enemy forces were removed from the township by the overwatch troop from the south flank while the bradleys scouted towards the first bridge

Contacts at the first defile crossing involved first tanks to the north of the valley that were succesfully engaged by overwatch and then infantry well concealed in the reeds near the first bridge. Losses were all from the first bridge area (lost all 4 bradleys; 2 to the initial tank contacts nth and then 2 to the concealed infantry force) As OC i had instructed the M2 players on a quick defile crossing drill however neglected to mention the value of dismounts in clearing the defile so it was mainly my fault and probably would have saved 2 if not all 4 bradleys (dismounts may have seen the defilade tanks on the north flank)

Once we had lost all 4 bradleys i instructed my second troop of m1s to cross using defile drill and did so succesfully with the use of suppression from overwatch and smoke dispensers. (under floydii's command)

The built up area was the next challenge and i gave a quick 20sec instruction on MOUT formation for the armour before the first troop entered the UAO and succesfully cleared it.

In the end we finished the mission, timed out, about 200m short of the third and final bridge.

Learning points were:

-SOPs/DRILLS - they are vital and they make cmd and control easier, make movement more efficient and fluid, and minimise risk and losses. ( In particular, defile crossing, counter ambush and formations and movement in UO)

- Value of suppression, It CAN keep troops heads down and prevent them from firing ATGM

- Dismounts are a vital part of a cav/recon element

i'll let floydii AAR the mission he OC'd if he wants

...Well, I enjoyed my first time online last Sat, with a lot of patience and thanks to all others, especially Panzer, talking me throu a lot of stuff.

Online is a whole new ballgame :biggrin:

It appears Thursday evening is 'Aussie night',

I have RL stuff going on, if I can make an appearance it will be late...so I'm quite open for any weekend evening as a secondary night.

HB

• 6 years later...

Forgive the thread necromancy (just let the thread slide).

However I've noticed a few guests searching here.

For their benefit a far more current Aussie / Ozzie / Oz / Australian (just to help the search engine) thread is located here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16238

Or search for "BG ANZAC" for the latest information.