Strv 122 / Leo 2E Commander Range?

Adam106

The question is in the title really - do the commanders of these two MBTs have access to any kind of range readout?

The Leo 2A5 commander has a range - on the tiny display at the far right of the turret. However I find it hard to believe that the TC's of the Strv 122 and Leo 2E don't get the same info. Is this how it is in reality?

With the new M1A2, the Leo 2E and the Strv 122, I wonder if it might be possible at some point to model a more in depth BMS. Maybe it could be just a generic type system with common features (they all must share basic concepts anyway), that would allow a little more realism / immersion than the standard F5 view. I know you've got your hands full, but just a thought...

• Members

As far as training requirements are concerned, we have interfaces to connect the real systems to Steel Beasts

. One of the reasons for that is so we don't have to waste programming time on recreating other manufacturers' user interfaces and menu structures which are constantly changing anyways, and which might construe the conditions for export restrictions of the Personal Edition.

To that extent it's unlikely that we will do some serious work in this area.

As far as training requirements are concerned, we have interfaces to connect the real systems to Steel Beasts
. One of the reasons for that is so we don't have to waste programming time on recreating other manufacturers' user interfaces and menu structures which are constantly changing anyways, and which might construe the conditions for export restrictions of the Personal Edition.

To that extent it's unlikely that we will do some serious work in this area.

Ok, that's perfectly understandable. I hadn't see that vid - interesting.

I wonder though if a simple TC range readout might be added to the bottom of one of the screens. It could even be added to the GUI top right underneath the ammo status. A simple 'TC Range: ' readout for the Strv122 and Leo2E would really help with situational awareness and also to confirm that a lase is valid / sensible when in 'override mode'.

Cheers.