Best feature released so far

Marko

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mpow66m - this is where we read that it will be possible to save a mission in progress, and join an MP game while it is in progress, in 3.0.

Consolation Prize #1: http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19091

Ssnake:

Well, what about the fact that the host of a session can pause a game to let late-comers in (or those who dropped out of a session)?

The same technology can also be used to save a mission in progress as a new scenario.

no cheating :decu:

that's like making some weird shape during rock paper scissors and saying this wins everything!

In that case, my favorite feature so far has to be the save feature as well, many times I play SB with a nice scenario I made and then am begged to leave it to play other games with other people, now I don't have to go mad when people ask, I just simply save :biggrin:

I agree with the save game feature, it allows for longer battles instead of having time limits, which I hate I always remove the time limit, and if you cant complete it then you can save your progress and continue it at a later time. It opens the door for more realistic scenarios where you can implement the need for resupply and repairs, stuff like that. One thing I can think of is a unit maintenance collection point where you can put conditions on vehicles that certain damages gets repaired if vehicle is towed to that area. You can design a scenario where there will be a lull in the battle where you have time to tow your damaged vehicles, if they survived the battle, get them repaired and then have them return in time for the next battle. Or better yet in making campaigns, you can have the different scenerios in one scenario, then you save the game after the first scenario is done, and the next battle you just continue where you let off, makes it easier to tell what vehicles you will have for the next battle instead of trying to play the guessing game.

I like the option to save missions in progress, I certainly wouldn't consider this the best feature. It's very convenient and desirable, but doesn't address fundamental or needed changes to the way the program behaves.

I think the thing which really does that the most are the expanded infantry/civilians and behavior. Major game changer. That is the thing that really expands scenario behavior before everything else, even new vehicles added don't do this the same way.