Best feature released so far

Marko

2 options for me:

1) onboard arty !

howitzers opening fire in the far distance

arty needing to displace to avoid counterbattery fire (so temporarily no arty support ...)

targets for tanks that broke through ...

2) the as-of-now-not-yet-disclosed feature,

as we don't know yet what it could be ?

something interesting ?

or something really stunning ?

who knows ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
2 options for me:

1) onboard arty !

howitzers opening fire in the far distance

arty needing to displace to avoid counterbattery fire (so temporarily no arty support ...)

targets for tanks that broke through ...

2) the as-of-now-not-yet-disclosed feature,

as we don't know yet what it could be ?

something interesting ?

or something really stunning ?

who knows ?

-> the now-disclosed feature,

a bit hidden in the threads, so I put the spotlight on it here

+ for some it probably is the Best feature released so far:

(...)

I suppose this is a good opportunity to confirm that there will be something like a campaign feature included with Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0. We call it (small) Operations.

An Operation is a string of scenarios - a mission tree - where you will be automatically presented the follow-on scenario after finishing a previous one.

SB Pro PE 3.0 will include at least one Operation, maybe two.

There are still limitations as far as carry-over effects are concerned.

It is somewhat comparable to a traditional Officers' School exercise that is segmented into different phases which are each subject to (multiple) lessons about different aspects of the operation. Eventually, as an officer candidate, you will have to formulate certain tactical orders and OpPlans which may or may not be in line with "the official solution". At least during my time at the German Officers' School it wasn't relevant whether your solution was identical or even close to the official one, as long as you could give good reasons for your decisions (likewise, those who stole the official solution but didn't have good arguments to support it, weren't given good grades either).

However, even if the consensus in the classroom was that the official solution didn't make much sense, in the next phase of the operation it was assumed that that was what had happened.

Anyway, Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 will come with an integrated Operations Editor that allows you to string together scenarios (there must be one starting scenario, and from that you can then have multiple successor phases, which again can have multiple successors, including the same or previous scenarios. Eventually the operation will end with a last phase, of course.

You can resume an ongoing operation at a later point, but if I am not mistaken, you can only play one operation at a time or else the saves will be overwritten (also, you can't go back after completing a phase; if something goes horribly wrong you'll have to suck it up and roll with it).

(...)

Dynamic weather

Cant wait for better effects on optics ( dust, snow, rain...obscuring them and distorting image)

I'm going to second this. Although it won't be realised in v3.0, I think weather effects -- especially precipitation -- and the obscuration they cause, including limiting the effectiveness of thermal imaging (which I understand is on the roadmap), will have a major impact on the employment of AFVs and the sim in general. I imagine weather causing obscuration will make infantry (even) more deadly in close terrain. Personally, I'm excited about the tactical challenges this will ultimately bring.

???

I suppose this is a good opportunity to confirm that there will be something like a campaign feature included with Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0. We call it (small) Operations.

An Operation is a string of scenarios - a mission tree - where you will be automatically presented the follow-on scenario after finishing a previous one.

SB Pro PE 3.0 will include at least one Operation, maybe two.

There are still limitations as far as carry-over effects are concerned.

It is somewhat comparable to a traditional Officers' School exercise that is segmented into different phases which are each subject to (multiple) lessons about different aspects of the operation. Eventually, as an officer candidate, you will have to formulate certain tactical orders and OpPlans which may or may not be in line with "the official solution". At least during my time at the German Officers' School it wasn't relevant whether your solution was identical or even close to the official one, as long as you could give good reasons for your decisions (likewise, those who stole the official solution but didn't have good arguments to support it, weren't given good grades either).

However, even if the consensus in the classroom was that the official solution didn't make much sense, in the next phase of the operation it was assumed that that was what had happened.

Anyway, Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 will come with an integrated Operations Editor that allows you to string together scenarios (there must be one starting scenario, and from that you can then have multiple successor phases, which again can have multiple successors, including the same or previous scenarios. Eventually the operation will end with a last phase, of course.

You can resume an ongoing operation at a later point, but if I am not mistaken, you can only play one operation at a time or else the saves will be overwritten (also, you can't go back after completing a phase; if something goes horribly wrong you'll have to suck it up and roll with it).

(...)

Old thread or you misread it.

So the other questions are "not applicable".

Misread it.

well the M!A2 SEP is being decommisned by the US Army so they wont be needing it in SB,because of this it is currently being removed from the sim and being replaced by another T72 varient.I believe its the T72BS.

It shows the M1A1 SEP as Playable in 3.0 though so would it not already be done?

well the M!A2 SEP is being decommisned by the US Army so they wont be needing it in SB,because of this it is currently being removed from the sim and being replaced by another T72 varient.I believe its the T72BS.

:cul:

I see what you did there. :)

From what I hear, we should be getting the M1A3 'Brawl' in 3.0, which uses the new Deception Configuration, aka, Decepti-Con design. This beast truly Transforms tank warfare.

Brawlmovie_tank_activision_zpsed675721.jpg

M1A3_Brawl_zpscbe0bf6e.jpg

That looks like a Tank Commander's nightmare.

Main gun, Second gun 1, Second gun 2, Missile launcher 1, Missile launcher 2, RWS, Coax.

Still I guess you can't complain that you don't have options....