Radio for vehicles

Tacom

Someime ago I added a request in TheList! for radios in the vehicles.

I defended how easy it would be to arrange the radio networks for the multiplayer engagements if the S-2 defines frecuencies and you just join in.

Now there is an small plug in for TS, designed for DCS

http://ariescon.com/index1.html

that allows to do just that. This link only works with DCS but there is an standalone version incluided in what they call the ground radio.

http://ariescon.com/index5.html

Its main drawback is that it is payware. After one hour it stops working and you have to close and open it again.

Now there is an annoying bug that prevents it from closing, so you have to kill the process, but the developer told me that it will be solved next week

There is one VHF-AM radio, one VHF-FM and one UHF with frecuencies

117.975-159.975, 0.025

225.000-399.000, 0.025

30.000-76.000, 0.025

One of the best features that it has it that you can adjust the volumes individually, a bless at busy times when you are trying to hear your callsigns while somebody is talking with support in the command channel.

By the way, you can hide the box so once you have configured your radios you dont need to see it.

Vehicles in general could use the simple version with box 1 and 2 for comunications and box 3 used incaso you need comunications inside the vehicle.

Panel.jpg

Command vehicles could use the so called ground radio, with allows for more radios and even a simulation of phonelines. The handicap is that it only have 2 radios that you can sintonize on the fly, while the rest of the radios need to run a configuration program to set them up.

GBO.jpg

But easily enough, we could configure it with the main networks BG, CSS, artillery and use the configurable radios for sporadic comunications.

TS3 is a fantastic piece of software but I think it has its limitations in representing military networks even with whisper lists. This is most notable in large missions like LNOT with many users.

Yes TS works but we shouldn't be closed off from looking at future alternatives

How? I´ve been looking for it for ages.

Plt Member: Talk to Plt Leader/Listen/Whisper to CO (or Whisper to Crew if needed)

Plt Leader: Talk to Plt Member/Whisper to CO

CO: Talk to Plt Leaders/Whisper to Higher Command

CFS, Maintenance,Medics,Eng a.s.o.: Talk to CO were attached/ Whisper to Higher Command

So, were is the Problem ?

Plt Member: Talk to Plt Leader/Listen/Whisper to CO (or Whisper to Crew if needed)

Plt Leader: Talk to Plt Member/Whisper to CO

CO: Talk to Plt Leaders/Whisper to Higher Command

CFS, Maintenance,Medics,Eng a.s.o.: Talk to CO were attached/ Whisper to Higher Command

So, were is the Problem ?

That it is easier.

BG: 125.00

Company A: 350.00

I just sintonize those two frecuencies and I'm in the net. No more asking, who do I add to the whisper list?

Anybody can be listening in any network easily.

I can work the volumes as I need. No more "standby, somebody talking on the other net and I can't hear you.

If I want one of my calsigns to join another unit, they just sintonize their frecuencie and are done. No need for ALT-Tab-move-yourself-to-another-channel.

And so on.

In a nutshell: it's easier and opens more possibilities.

LOL, I should have said "basic TS".

:) Yea. Precission.

It is something that is already done in the Falcon, DCS and ARMA communities. But of course, there is already implanted so you use it or don't fly multiplayer.

We use something called A.C.R.E in ArmA2/3. Makes a huge difference and avoids the PIA of having to setup whispers etc in TS when you have a 100+ people in sections/platoons etc.

It adds to immersion and the RTO role is a skill and an art form all of its own.

fQIOQ-zRuM8

This obviously won't work in SB, but my point is that the pro's far out way the cons and counter arguments given here.

I have not used TARS but IIRC it also models;

- Realistic terrain affects for radios

. Signal lose & distortion from buildings, hills, trees, and other objects

. Realistic power output and antenna length considerations for all radios that effect signal

. Realistic frequency wavelength falloff; higher frequencies do not travel as far

. Real-time positional calculation for fast-moving objects

Well if the “con” is that it doesn’t work in SB Pro PE / TS then I suspect the “pros” are irrelevant?

Im using ACRE as an example (of what can be done) and saying that the benefits of a similar system such as TARS is worth the squeeze :-)