Questions about SB

R Lee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well again there is nothing stopping you from asking for a demo license to tide you over until the shop re-opens or the dongle actually arrives in your mailbox.

You can use the fully featured demo now and have the software installed etc. then when the dongle arrives, just plug it in to go from "demo" to "paid" version.

I have another quick question. I've tried to find it in the wiki and the manual with no luck.

What exactly does the realism setting do? I have it on high, but on medium I can't tell what the difference is.

Is there anywhere you could point me on the information on this?

BTW I am loving the sim, very cool. I do want to join in on some of the big events soon, but I'd be a little intimidated at first. Not sure how much practice I'll need. :)

Good man.

Consider the loan to be extended until "dongle delivery date + 1". :)

Just let me know when it arrives and I'll talk you through how to access the license off the dongle instead of via the Internet from my machine.

Will do. I thought I read somewhere it ships from Texas? I live right next door to TX in Oklahoma, so hopefully it will get here in the middle of next week.

This may sound like a stupid question, but how do you guys go about getting your bearings?

Do you simply use the map and the topography to determine which exact direction you are moving or facing? I would have figured there would be a usable compass in the sim.

The TC always had a compass on our tank, but the tank itself does knock it off a bit. The loader use to run out ahead and take there bearing 20 feet in front of the tank .:)

Map to ground.

Also there is the red vehicle icon in the lower right hand corner that can help you if you aren't sure.

I knew it was a stupid question. I didn't realize the little tank symbol was tracking with the map. I was just using it to keep the main gun barrel aligned with the tank for exposing my frontal armor to the enemy.

Makes perfect sense now, thanks.

I got my dongle today. Followed the directions and everything seems to be working great. I want to thank Gibsonm for the loaned license this past week. You're a good man and it's been much appreciated.

No worries.

Just go into the codemeter software and remove the reference to the Hamachi IP address so the software just looks locally (i.e. your USB dongle) rather than across the Internet for the license information.

already done :)

Hey I'm new to SB pro as well and I really want to buy this game. Should I wait for the 3.0 release or can I simply buy the current version and buy the update later on? Or is this going to cost me more since I have to purchase it twice?

Hey I'm new to SB pro as well and I really want to buy this game. Should I wait for the 3.0 release or can I simply buy the current version and buy the update later on? Or is this going to cost me more since I have to purchase it twice?

This thread a few lines down details all purchasing options.

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19375

At a high-level, will be the same cost....buy now for $75 then add another $40 for the 3.0 update....gets you at $115.......if you wait for 3.0, the base cost will be $115. Although they now have some leasing options that you may like, which is explained in the thread.

I just started looking at this game yesterday and got demo access...it is really good...if things turn out, I will be purchasing the current version, then the update....no reason to wait since I can learn the basics.