Release Date!

Skyshark

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Our plan is to develop 3.0 "as it is" to the point that it "could" be released. Then we will work on the particle effects, and see how quickly we can make progress. The benefit of this solution is that there's a somewhat safe fallback option, but I must confess that I would hate to release version 3.0 with the old smoke, fire, and dust effects.

It's supposed to be shiny and new.

Our plan is to develop 3.0 "as it is" to the point that it "could" be released. Then we will work on the particle effects, and see how quickly we can make progress. The benefit of this solution is that there's a somewhat safe fallback option, but I must confess that I would hate to release version 3.0 with the old smoke, fire, and dust effects.

HA! I JUST ASKED ABOUT THIS LIKE 30 SECONDS AGO!

Nils I love ya! Well... not like that but.... okay, with 3.0, maybe just a LITTLE like that! ;)

Totally stoked to see what you boys come up with!

• 2 weeks later...

Take your time - don't rush it! I think most people are happy to wait because we will get much more in the end.

Release it now, and patch the smoke, fire and dust later if it`s ready.

We wait long enough, and it`s time to go back to work on new multiplayer campaigns.

More options in the editor, more playable vehicles, 3rd party, there is enough to explore.

best regards

Duke

Release it now, and patch the smoke, fire and dust later if it`s ready.

We wait long enough, and it`s time to go back to work on new multiplayer campaigns.

More options in the editor, more playable vehicles, 3rd party, there is enough to explore.

best regards

Duke

I agree Duke.

I posted a thread a while back mentioning the possibility of using third party developers.

It was not received well. But I still think its a good idea.

There are a lot of possibility's for the Expansion of SB

The big one would be some sort of WW2 add on pack.

Ssnake has made his opinion on the Subject clear.

And i do respect his reasoning for not wishing to add WW2 vehicles to a degree.

He has a point. But from a armoured vehicles enthusiasts point of view its a damn shame

There is not, Or likely to be a decent accurately made WW2 tank Sim.

Quite a few have been made but none can match SB level of realism and detail