Any news on effects/explosions?

cobrabase

I've done many night shootings...and tracers don't look much different from what they do in SB (apart from their colour)

Its allways funny, when people expect to see "beam like" light effects 'cos thats what you see on pictures or video clips.

Unlike your eye...cameras have a lengthy time where they collect light...

G'day mpow

Fired a .50 from the top of an M113 and an MG3 from an infantry section at night with light levels set to 3% and I could see glowing rounds going down range with both (if a little hard to see with the MG3) so I guess the answer is yes, tracers are in SB.

Cheers :)

G'day mpow

Fired a .50 from the top of an M113 and an MG3 from an infantry section at night with light levels set to 3% and I could see glowing rounds going down range with both (if a little hard to see with the MG3) so I guess the answer is yes, tracers are in SB.

Cheers :)

ok,thnx.i cant start SB to see becuse my cpu went for a walk and fell down the stairs twice,lol.well the good news is im getting a new comp for the first time in 10 years.wooohooo.

I really don’t see the current tracer effect been much like the real thing at all, (speaking from personal experience) not criticizing the game, it’s yet to establish the engine that allows it to do that. Night shoots can be spectacular, best experienced when its one way.

• 3 weeks later...
I really don’t see the current tracer effect been much like the real thing at all, (speaking from personal experience) not criticizing the game, it’s yet to establish the engine that allows it to do that. Night shoots can be spectacular, best experienced when its one way.

No kidding about that "one way." Dad was off at maneuvers at Hood in the 60s (keep in mind, we still had conventional searchlights on the M48s back then) and he told us how disorienting it can be at night. Night shoots can be VERY dangerous with live ammo and large OAs.

During the exercise a sergeant was CONVINCED he knew where he was and that he was oriented for live fire on the range properly. He had half the platoon firing on.... a town.

Nice. Fortunately my Dad convinced him to save his ammo. Talk about disorienting. It really did happen back then. Now don't worry, the town was way out of range, but still... that's an ass-chewing.