3.0 Included Scenarios

OnAlienware

• Members

Yes, but the turnout of the last contest wasn't very encouraging, I have to say. At the same time they bind considerable time on the side of the jury (and the mission designers as well). Still, it might be a good idea to give it another try after the next release since that will bring a number of changes to toy with that might help to get the creative juices flowing. :)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The idea is to avoid showcasing SB with obsolete building sets, odd proxy vehicles, and other omissions due to scenarios being a generation or more old. Whatever features are added to 3.X, they ought to be accessible via official, provided content.

I know there's a "do it yourself" chorus here, but expecting new people to learn the editor or sift through community-made content isn't reasonable. SB's scenarios should stand on their own.

Edited by FlatTax
Had more to say...

Earlier in this thread Ssnake alluded to a project that had stalled.

I'm confident that once Rolling Thunder is out of the way I can re-ignite the momentum for this.

It would achieve most of the aims you are after as well as ensure that the investment made by several people to build its component parts is not wasted.

Dare I say is 80% complete and "just" needs some work done to play test and ensure they work properly.

I can't / wont promise a delivery date since I work at "the pleasure of the Sovereign" and if that means I need to go to the field or overseas I can't say "sorry but I have this Steel Beasts thing to finish first". ;)

I know there's a "do it yourself" chorus here, but expecting new people to learn the editor or sift through community-made content isn't reasonable.

It would still be much faster than waiting for someone else to build it for them.

If someone is motivated enough, they'll find their way to the editor.