Is it possible to get units to follow other units.

R Lee

Hi,

I'm new to SB and I've been messing with making a scenario. Basically I want the user to have to create routes on the fly. In my tank company I want a supply train. (what we called it back in the late 80's). So basically there would be a HQ platoon with a few support vehicles and the command tanks.

I want the supply train to follow the command tanks. "Attach to.." doesn't seem to work the way I thought it would.

Is there a way to get multiple support vehicles to follow a tank?

Thanks.

There is no way of having them automaticly follow the CO tank.

They will follow pre plottet routes, so they could follow the same routes as the CO. But if the user creates the routes in game, he'd have to copy/paste them to the supply units

There is no way of having them automaticly follow the CO tank.

They will follow pre plottet routes, so they could follow the same routes as the CO. But if the user creates the routes in game, he'd have to copy/paste them to the supply units

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of....

You could have several pre-planned routes for the supply train and some regions that trigger each route if the player moves into them. So, for example, one route would have an "embark if...unit Xx is in region 1" condition, etc.

The only problem is, it could get complicated depending on the size of the terrain and the player's movement options. But fewer regions could be used to keep the supply convoy at least somewhere nearby.

During action phase:

Right clic on the map

add new waypoint

Create a new route starting from this new waypoint, with route behavior and column formation.

Then when you want to follow the route, right click on 1st unit you want to be in convoy and link a new route to your planed route.

Repeat with following unit, but try to respect a delay between unit to prevent units imbrication.

Well you can make a "mixed" Platoon that would consist of up to six vehicles (for you, 2 x Tanks and 4 x Supply vehicles).

Depending on the vehicle position you give the tanks and the formations chosen, the supply vehicles would then "follow" the tanks.

Have a look here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16426

for the "Heterogeneous Group" (post #8 I think)

That may or may not be what you want.

Edited by Gibsonm

Well you can make a "mixed" Platoon that would consist of up to six vehicles (for you, 2 x Tanks and 4 x Supply vehicles).

Depending on the vehicle position you give the tanks and the formations chosen, the supply vehicles would then "follow" the tanks.

Have a look here:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=16426

for the "heterogeneous Group" (post #8 I think)

That may or may not be what you want.

Thanks. That's actually what I wanted to do, create a mixed HQ platoon with the two HQ tanks, a 113, an M88 and a couple of supply trucks. I haven't read the pdf yet, but will look it over tonight.

Thanks. That's actually what I wanted to do, create a mixed HQ platoon with the two HQ tanks, a 113, an M88 and a couple of supply trucks. I haven't read the pdf yet, but will look it over tonight.

If you want the "command tanks" to be the force leader.

This command platoon needs to be the highest call sign on the map.

I.E. Make him the leader of the first platoon of the first company, and delete the CoA and XoA Tanks.

If you put this HQ platoon into Column formation, they will loyally follow you like little ducklings. (Awww how sweet!) :)

If you want the "command tanks" to be the force leader.

This command platoon needs to be the highest call sign on the map.

I.E. Make him the leader of the first platoon of the first company, and delete the CoA and XoA Tanks.

If you put this HQ platoon into Column formation, they will loyally follow you like little ducklings. (Awww how sweet!) :)

Thanks!!