Possible New Purchaser Questions...

Grim.Reaper

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the first time I hear about this sound problem. I don't think this is a Steel Beasts issue, I must say. Hopefully the others' advice will yield something useful.

I'll try what others have stated, but I play a ton of games and this is the first I am experiencing the problem so pretty sure confined to Steel Beasts. I did notice late yesterday it happened a number of times when I was in action and went to the top menu bar and selected a command to change formation. I have also seen it without doing that, but that triggered it a number of times too. I'll keep my eye open and let you know if I see it again. I am using Windows 8 64-bit as my OS.

I tried searching for this, but couldn't come up with anything and likely a dumb question....on some missions, I start with a view that is outside my tank, almost like I am watching a movie which is kind of cool. I can use the mouse to look around and see the outside of my tank plus all other vehicles around me. However, I notice when I play some missions/vehicles, I can't figure out how to get to this view. Is it only available on certain missions/vehicles? If not, can someone let me know how to get that view? I know not likely a realistic view since you should be inside the tank as part of the crew, just kind of nice to use and orient yourself.

As an important side note: If the F8 view is disabled, vehicles without playable crew positions will not be accessible.

Is it safe to assume if I open a mission in the editor, I would be able to somehow re-enable the views if I wanted to allow myself to see externally? Or is there more to it than that?

Is it safe to assume if I open a mission in the editor, I would be able to somehow re-enable the views if I wanted to allow myself to see externally? Or is there more to it than that?

Nope, that's the way it's done, unless the scenario is password protected.

Just curious....when I am in the tank and text is displayed on the screen to show messages, damage info, etc., does anyone have issues reading it? The text to me looks very blurred and a lot of time is hard to clearly make out without studying it for a long time. Is there any setting to make it crisper?

I have a 39 inch monitor with the resolution at 1920x1080, with a radeon hd 6850 graphics card.

Thanks!

• Members

I wonder if you are using the native resolution of your display in the Display Options of Steel Beasts (click on "Windowed" to make it "Fullscreen", then select 1920x1080 as your resolution). With a lower resolution your monitor will probably apply some interpolation which may or may not look good (your description should like it may not be optimal in your case).

I wonder if you are using the native resolution of your display in the Display Options of Steel Beasts (click on "Windowed" to make it "Fullscreen", then select 1920x1080 as your resolution). With a lower resolution your monitor will probably apply some interpolation which may or may not look good (your description should like it may not be optimal in your case).

Thanks Ssnake...I actually have full screen selected and 1920x1080 selected in the display options. It seems like the biggest issue is when showing red text on black background...if text is white, seems ok. Here is a screen shot so you can see the message log....might be too small of a screen to see it completely, but thought worth a shot.

SS_17_51_07.jpg

• Members

Are we talking about the in-game live images, or about the screenshots?

The screenshot that you gave as an example is downscaled from 1920x1080, and it was made with the rather extreme JPG compression that the DirectX function call mandates. Therefore I can't knonw to which aspect you are referring...?

Are we talking about the in-game live images, or about the screenshots?

The screenshot that you gave as an example is downscaled from 1920x1080, and it was made with the rather extreme JPG compression that the DirectX function call mandates. Therefore I can't knonw to which aspect you are referring...?

Sorry about that....I mean in-game screen. I just took a screen shot to try and help demonstrate what I am seeing, but I get your point that it probably will degrade it further. To me it seems like its the red/black combo possibly playing a role since other text that uses white seems ok.

Well, I decided to make the purchase after all. Played the demo the last couple of days and really enjoyed it. Never got bored and often just enjoyed watching the action unfold. That is a sign of a simulator that has grabbed my attention, which are few and far between:)

Thanks again to Gibson for the quick demo license, without that I would likely have never made the purchase.

I look forward to really learning this sim and enjoying all the great missions that were created.

I suppose this is a good opportunity to confirm that there will be something like a campaign feature included with Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0. We call it (small) Operations. An Operation is a string of scenarios - a mission tree...

With the vast addition of popular vehicles, upgraded graphics engine, and finally a built-in "campaign", I can't help but think that 3.0 is what "Steel Beasts II" would/should have been. :thumbup: Kudos to the team for the talent and decisions being applied that's making 3.0 more of a revolutionary than an evolutionary update.

With the vast addition of popular vehicles, upgraded graphics engine, and finally a built-in "campaign", I can't help but think that 3.0 is what "Steel Beasts II" would/should have been. :thumbup: Kudos to the team for the talent and decisions being applied that's making 3.0 more of a revolutionary than an evolutionary update.

Uh, Steel Beasts Pro PE is unofficially Steel Beasts Mk 2. (Ver 2.654)

We are now anticipating Steel Beasts Mk 3. (Ver 3.XXX)

We need a new name for the Mk 3.

Steel Beasts Ultra Pro PE?? :)