Questions about 3.0 Ask the Boss.

Marko

Thought i would start a new thread so people who want clarification on some of the new Features In the update.(lets try to stay on topic.)

Will you be able to resupply the new remotely operated gun system.

Also what will be the max range of the operator for that system.

Will troops be able to fire ATGM,s from buildings if that missile system is capable of doing So. also will the troops be able to fire RPG,s from buildings.

Will you be able to use The wire link fence segment Armour on other APC, or just the M113G4.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good idea Comrade Marko!

I hope my question fits the thread.

Are there any fundamental changes to the Map and Mission Editors? Maybe 'cut/copy and paste'? Beefing both of them up to make them easier and faster to use? I haven't seen anything on this subject yet (of course I could have missed it).

• Members
Thought i would start a new thread so people who want clarification on some of the new Features In the update.(lets try to stay on topic.)

Ugh. More work for me...

Will you be able to resupply the new remotely operated gun system.

Yes, of course.

Also what will be the max range of the operator for that system.

I think we set it to 25m

Will troops be able to fire ATGM,s from buildings if that missile system is capable of doing So.

Yes, although I couldn't name an ATGM off the bat where this is actually the case.

also will the troops be able to fire RPG,s from buildings.

They have always been able to do that since about version 2.5 at least.

Will you be able to use The wire link fence segment Armour on other APC, or just the M113G4.

Assuming that by "you" you don't mean "us" but "one" - it's not an optional piece of equipment, but part of the actual vehicle model. Will we create other vehicles with similar add-on modules in the future? Who knows.

• Members
Will new default missions be released with the update that take advantage of all the new features? Or will that be left up to the mission designers to do that after release?

Some scenarios will get updated, but most of them won't. We essentially have the capacity to work on "the tool". The actual creation work needs to be done by those in the community who like creating scenarios and maps.

• Members
As far as the save game feature goes.

Will it work in the scenario editor ?

ie: Will we be able to test a scenario to a certain point - save it.

Then reload it into the editor and place more units.

Then continue to test from there ?

Not quite, but almost as far as I can tell. I haven't tested that myself, but I think you can save a scenario that you are testing. After you end the mission test, you would however load the newly saved scenario first as the mission editor will of course keep the original scenario in memory.

In the worst possible case you save the scenario in the mission editor, start it in solitaire or multiplayer mode, run it, save it, then open that mission in the editor. That would be slightly less convenient but functionally still very close.

All that have the softlaunch capability IRL.

Javelin, Spike and AT-4(not shure on that one though) beeing a few of 'em ;-)

Not the regular AT-4. The relatively new AT-4CS (confined space) is the only AT-4 designed to be fired from within a structure. Javelin is capable of begging fired from a large enough room provided the target is far enough away and an unobstruced flight path. I'm not very familiar with the Spike.

Not the regular AT-4. The relatively new AT-4CS (confined space) is the only AT-4 designed to be fired from within a structure. Javelin is capable of begging fired from a large enough room provided the target is far enough away and an unobstruced flight path. I'm not very familiar with the Spike.

Ah yes...I was more refering to the AT-4 "Spigot" ATGM

The Spike has a softlaunch system thats similar to the Javelins's...

• Members

Still, I'm somewhat unconvinced that a building launch from anything but a factory hall is possible for the ATGMs. Even the PzF3 requires a reasonably large room, and it has a pretty low backblast, all things considered. I THINK that for these reasons we haven't given the "launch inside of buildings" flag to these systems.

(Well, yeah... POSSIBLE, but not advisable).

on their backs,like in the real world,lol.or they could be dropped via helo.

i mean for MGs and small arms ect.

If SB goes so far as to model dedicated "ammo carriers" in the sim...I'd say they go too far :-D

(they armies I know have that as a "all troops" job...squaddies pick it up where the trucks(or soemthing else) dropped it. )

as far as I'v tested: dissmounts get fresh ammo as soon as they are mounted again(which is pretty close to RL allready)

The rest gets their from supply trucks.

There is a difference between playable (acessible by the player) and non-playable (only present as an external model).

Since we don't have any detailled information about T90's FCS, the question is not smart to ask moreover we already have a thread listing all the new additions...