BG ANZAC - 01 AUG 13 AAR

Gibsonm

A bit light on last night.

Three people in attendance (a few "sorry can't make it" posts prior).

One of those people then had a catastrophic issue with TeamSpeak (they had upgraded but were then thrown out and couldn't re-connect to the SB server).

However they were able to log into the PzBtl 911 server (our alternate - thanks again guys).

So the other two moved over there and we continued. This in itself was good practice for our real life "lost comms" SOP/drill. :)

As published earlier, we focused on small unit drills with a Tk troop and Mech Platoon clearing a road and conducting three defile drills as required.

The advance was unopposed since the goal was training not fighting.

Next time who knows. ;)

Also some discussion of the drills I had published on the BG ANZAC site relating to other vehicle / Troop level drills.

Next week, 08 August, is "TEWT" night and we will probably be publishing the problem for consideration on Tuesday night.

Edited by Gibsonm

Hey Gibson,

I had some technical difficulties but I liased with one of the Forum admins and resolved it. I live in Adelaide tho soon moving to Brisbane for 8 weeks.

Im going to famiarlise myself with the system before online play (just so Im not a total waste of space online!)

I'll pop on the TS sometime. Can you PM me the TS server details?

Can you PM me the TS server details?

No need, have a look at the bottom left hand corner of the “home” page here (link to “home” in top left corner of this page).

Once you have established a connection, can I suggest you bookmark it, and if you don’t use TS for anything else make it the default location so loading TS takes you straight to the Steel Beasts server.

Can I suggest you do the M1A1(HA) tutorials as that is the standard BG ANZAC wagon.

Edited by Gibsonm

Another Adelaidian :), G'day n8d0g, welcome to SB.

I wouldn't worry about being new to SB, drop in to a BG ANZAC session on a Thursday night and say G'day anyway. It's one of the best ways to learn about SB and many of the guys here are either current or former ADF members and they're pretty good at spinning some very funny "stories, anecdotes, tall tales " of life in the forces, some of them might even be true :biggrin:. Anyway drop in and introduce yourself to the virtual diggers of BG ANZAC so we can say G'day.

Paul

Welcome aboard n8d0g! We look forward to having you join us online at BG ANZAC soon. As pkcav39 suggests, you don't have to wait too long; we're a friendly bunch and online play will definitely compress the learning process for you and add a whole different dimension to SB Pro PE (versus single player).

Cheers