BG ANZAC - 08 AUG 13 AAR

Gibsonm

Six people in attendance.

A couple of people had worked up possible solutions for the stock scenario "Red Decision Point Attack V1.8.LtH.sce" so we went with that.

The result was a Major Victory - 1000 out of a 1000.

AAR here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19518131/Red%20Decision%20Poi_080813GIBSON-SERVE1939.zip

We were pleasantly surprised I must admit, but a close scrutiny of the AAR showed that a fair few of the Soviets were late to the party:

9463789403_fb2e3c0c25_c.jpg

And we all agreed it may have worked out differently if the scenario designer had put these guys (two or more Coy of BMP-2 and some BRDM-AT) South of the river, since they didn't need to cross it as part of the scenario.

Aside: As this is a "stock" scenario, perhaps it needs to be refined for ver 3.0?

Next week, 15 August, is "H2H" night and as per the programme we will be continuing with the Fulda Gap series with Scenario 2 (as determined by the results of last time).

Unsure if Duke or the guys from UK Armour want to attend but they (and all) are welcome.

Edited by Gibsonm

• 10 months later...

I'm thinking of trying this mission for nest week's United Operations outing. When you say that two companies were "late to the party," is this something that, in your view, amounts to a glitch in Red scripting?

Given the magnitude of BG ANZAC's victory, is this mission not enough of a challenge (whether due to the possible glitch or otherwise?)

***EDIT****

I initially avoided looking at the picture in the initial post for fear of "spoilers," but having now inadvertently done so, I *think* I know what the problem is. :)

Yes the messed up river crossing was the reason.

To be honest I'd forgotten we'd played it, otherwise I would have mentioned it in your thread.

Thanks. Well, I've cracked this one open in the editor and (IMO) there were a number of required fixes in addition to that crossing issue. Hopefully, Red will be able to mass combat power more effectively in the modified version.

Thanks. Well, I've cracked this one open in the editor and (IMO) there were a number of required fixes in addition to that crossing issue. Hopefully, Red will be able to mass combat power more effectively in the modified version.

Let us know how you go. I'd be interested to see what the result looks like when the majority of the Red combat power shows up.

Let us know how you go. I'd be interested to see what the result looks like when the majority of the Red combat power shows up.

It's still not going to be perfect. The big remaining problem is that March tactics don't fully work as advertised -- vehicles do not maintain a uniform absolute speed, so heterogenous columns tend to bunch up or spread out. There are brute force methods to deal with this, but I don't have the time.

Company formations are very high on my personal wish list.