Responsibility and tongue twisters

Tjay

Hmm, well, looks like the root word is 'respond' or 'response' and attach that to 'abilities' and it becomes your ability to respond, hence 'responsibility'! :biggrin:

I am now using my responsibility to state that:

I still remain unconvinced about the concept of this context.

In other words: "Que?"

:biggrin:

Hmm, well, looks like the root word is 'respond' or 'response' and attach that to 'abilities' and it becomes your ability to respond, hence 'responsibility'! :biggrin:

Perfectly logical conclusion. Unfortunately the English language is not famous for logical construction of words or sentences. :( You wan't precision? Try German. :)

I don't get how "Panzer" is really 5 miles long but you have a point with the rather rigid rules and whatnot.

Well put "Kampf" & "Wagen" at the end.

Or you could have "Dieobereabdeckungmitdemoberenteildesvorschubmechanismus" which is "Feed Cover" in Englisch :biggrin:

Wow, so does anyone know first aid on how to extract my tongue from the knot it's in after attempting to say "Dieobereabdeckungmitdemoberenteildesvorschubmecha nismus" :shocked:

That's gotta be some kind of German record for single word length lol.

Nah, that one is just made up+exagerated :-)

Wow, so does anyone know first aid on how to extract my tongue from the knot it's in after attempting to say "Dieobereabdeckungmitdemoberenteildesvorschubmecha nismus" :shocked:

That's gotta be some kind of German record for single word length lol.

Ok try this one, And yes its real,

the name of a village in Wales.And its all one word Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

It holds the world record for the longest town name.and its all one word.LoL

LOL, thanks for that Marko. back in the 90's I had a college professor who was from England and she told us the name of that very town for fun one day.

I can't remember the phonetic pronunciation of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch though lol, but it's an example of how sometimes English can be very long in it's description. It means according to Wikipedia. [st.] Mary's Church (Llanfair) [in] the hollow (pwll) of the white hazel (gwyngyll) near (goger) the rapid whirlpool (y chwyrndrobwll) [and] the church of [st.] Tysilio (llantysilio) with a red cave ([a]g ogo goch)

I thought "Rindfleischetikettierungsüberwachungsaufgabenübertragungsgesetz" was a funny word, it's a real one I'm told, but it pertains to a law on beef safety as far as I know, and it's really long.

But the thing is, does English have any extremely long words like the above that describe a process like German sometimes does?