Print Limitations

Hammer

When I use the print map feature the page prints in portrait but the map its self is turned landscape (side to side lengthwise) which leaves me with a small map and wasted paper. Is there a way to make the map print in line with with the paper?

• Members

Are we talking about the Map Editor or the Mission Editor?

In the Map Editor a workaround may be to use the "Export..." function which creates a 1:1 bitmap copy. You can then print that *.BMP image through some other application.

If Mission Editor or Planning Phase, there is no convenient other way. My only suggestion would be to create screenshots from overlapping map parts and then to stitch them together in Photoshop or so. That should give you a high resolution image which you can then print out any way you want.

The print function in SB Pro really is only rudimentary.

I was talking about in the Mission Planning Phase...

Thanks for the answers.

Are we talking about the Map Editor or the Mission Editor?

In the Map Editor a workaround may be to use the "Export..." function which creates a 1:1 bitmap copy. You can then print that *.BMP image through some other application.

If Mission Editor or Planning Phase, there is no convenient other way. My only suggestion would be to create screenshots from overlapping map parts and then to stitch them together in Photoshop or so. That should give you a high resolution image which you can then print out any way you want.

The print function in SB Pro really is only rudimentary.

• Members

I think, the best way to do it simply is to print the map prior to an exercise (or use an actual topo map of the digitized area), and copy the phase lines and boundaries etc. manually and then to eventually photocopy the whole shebang. That should help to avoid the biggest headaches.