Steel Beasts Pro PE 3.0 Release Notes Available!

pvtkramer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I've had a Freebie since 2010. (Thanks Ssnake!) :)

(And Ssnake is aware of my sacrificing of Squirrels.)

I will however seek out this elusive number 6.

(I hear she is a Canadian Hottie)

DarkLabour.

One is proud to announce you are being considered for the the_List fanatic's inner circle.

**ALL Hail the_List!!**

Edit:

Found 6. But I say no more.

But I bet there is 7th......

**Pulls on Deer Stalker & Magnifying glass.**

Uh oh...

*Runs back to the release notes*

Oooooo, I just noticed the section about how vehicle textures are going to be loaded. That's going going to be SO nice for implementing all of the different textures we have now.

Great, Beautiful, Marvelous, Outstanding,

1973 Sinai Operation - Seeing that only crewable ingame tank from that war is T-62, I assume it's Arab side operation? If so, thank you very much. Playing as "bad guys" has its own fun factor. Plus, T-62 just looks so pretty.

Infantry changes are just great, new infantry features that weren't announced before are just... great, nice.

UK voice - Finally!

Russian voice - Is it that voicemod appeared here some time before?

Rarden gun flexing off bore after each shot - gotta love this dakka

Also, it seems whole lot of vehicles got its "vulnerability model" reworked. Any chance of them being uploaded on wiki pages?

Oh, one more question: how is reloading speed for T-55/62 calculated per each shot? Does it degrade gradually from best to worst?

All in all, just can't wait.

• Moderators

1973 Sinai Operation - Seeing that only crewable ingame tank from that war is T-62, I assume it's Arab side operation? If so, thank you very much. Playing as "bad guys" has its own fun factor. Plus, T-62 just looks so pretty.

The T-62 is present, and you can play in it from the red side, but humans would be needed on blue if you do that (the scenarios are scripted from Blue's POV).

So the answer is: yes but mostly no. You need to play it from Blue unfortunately. I chose the Leopard AS1 as a stand-in Centurion on Blue, but with crappy L52 period specific ammo. I gave it the LRF (but no lead) too just to make things "fun" and "exciting", and I feel it balances out fairly because the Leopard AS1, although being faster than the Centurion and having the LRF, has quite a bit less protection -- so yeah, a lot of people might not be happy about all that. Oh well! :frown:

That said, feel free to swap out the Leopard AS1 with non-playable Centurions, I just didn't feel like that was something that most people would want to do (command and no shooting).

Also, it seems whole lot of vehicles got its "vulnerability model" reworked. Any chance of them being uploaded on wiki pages?

Almost all of these changes were minor, if the wiki images do not change then it wasn't substantial enough of a difference. Most of those things adjusted were... nit picks on the road to perfection. ;)

• Moderators

Oh, one more question: how is reloading speed for T-55/62 calculated per each shot? Does it degrade gradually from best to worst?

Ah I missed this earlier...

Basically, no, the reload time is the average between the best and worst cases, but tilted towards the better case. The reason of course is because reloading is quite a bit simplistic at the moment. That said, the T-55 and T-62 have an advantage now in the sense that all of its ammunition is considered "ready" and none of it was stored. This was deemed a better and more fair representation of its unique ammo loadout (all coming from first hand sources on the matter).

The simple and relatively sad fact is -- the T-62 and T-55 take a helluva long time to reload to the point that it is easy to see why the Russians considered the autoloader on the T-72 as an improvement in more ways than just having one less crewman. :shocked:

And now I am gone again...

IMHO it doesn't really matter that the vehicles used in scenarios are perfect representations of the real thing. As long as you tweak it to be similar enough in performance either by changing ammo or whatever, it works for me.

I've also done stuff like slap a mine plow on an M60A3, loaded it exclusively with HESH rounds, disabled the thermals, and told people in the briefing that if they think they see M60A3s instead of M728 CEVs they should hush up and look again!

- Answers -

Thanks, looking forward to Sinai OP anyway.

Oh, and while minor armor model changes are not worth the wiki update, surely new additions - like... T-64, T-64 and... T-64 - are fair game? :)

RE: Autoloader advantage: I remember Vasily from Tanknet once stated that main concern for going autoloader was to minimize crew performance degradation under NBC hazard ridden battlefield condition, as in sick/tired loader does his job far worse than similarly sickened gunner/commander.

Truly scary days.

Just read the release notes.

FV101 Scorpion included as a non-crew position vehicle.

Should bring back many memories of the AVGP Cougar (Mowag 6X6 hull with a Scorpion turret). I spent over 20 years in the Cougars, first as a gunner, then as a commander.

Give it a year or two, the Scorpion may get upgraded to fully playable, Hey a guy can dream can't he.

Checks email...

"Re: All Hail the_List!"

:eek2:

mgRpvcv.png

:clap:

Many thanks, Ssnake! :smile2:

Congrates Rotareneg.

I entered the comp but was beaten to the post.

Bloody typical I spend most of my spare time with SB related stuff.

the one week when I had no access to a PC, I was on vacation

the release notes are released complete with Easter eggs, LoL

and to add insult to injury the highlight of my holiday was a trip to bovington camp armour Museum. only to discover the new hall with over a hundred vehicles in it Had not been official opened yet, so no access.

Thank God for alcohol.LoL

That said, feel free to swap out the Leopard AS1 with non-playable Centurions, I just didn't feel like that was something that most people would want to do (command and no shooting). ;)

You are probably right. But just for the record. I love playing steel beasts as a CO, either of a tank or company plus. I rarely, if ever put myself in the gunner's position. :eek2: Any improvements allowing one to command easier via the GUI is very much appreciated. :remybussi:

"Time spent in reconnaissance is seldom wasted"

Sorry it was a wasted trip. :(

Thanks Gibsonm

But I still enjoyed the day.

Quite a few changes since my last visit, and a few new additions

They have a warrior and updated scimitar plus a leo-C2.and of course 131.

The battle of Teutoburg forest

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest

zRKGGC2PTkg

-cSZxQ-Lp4o

Ssnake:

That is one of three possible answers. I would also have accepted the

recently discovered battle site of Harzhorn, or the historically

documented but not yet discovered site of the battle of Idistaviso.

Each of them is about 50...60km away from Holzminden - to the west,

the north, and the southeast.

The battle of Harzhorn

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_at_the_Harzhorn

The battle of Idistaviso

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Weser_River