SB Pro PE 3.0 License Available for Purchase!

pvtkramer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please keep seeding the torrent. Don't stop the torrent client immediately after you're done.

I never did that for many less important things, so i will seed this for weeks at least.

Only issue is that i dont have so much upload bandwidth ( 4Mbps or, if it is easier, 400Kbps)

BUT hey, 4 here, 4 there... if we all seed i think all ppl will have decent download speed. Mine was around 2.0 MBps on average ( 2MByte per sec.) and it was relatively quick download.

Ok, bought 5 licenses and upgrade...

That part worked...

Received email with a link ..

Clicked link and ended up a page where it claims I don't have Java/Active X running, which is not true. I tried 3 different browsers and got the same result with Safari, FireFox and Chrome...

So, tried to go to manual activation and it says:

1. Generate a License Request File from your CmContainer (You can use CodeMeter Control Center). Use Firm Code xxxx. (xx's to protect privacy)

2. Choose the licenses you want to activate.

3. Pick the License Request File.

4. Click "Get License Update" to download a License Update File for your CmContainer.

4. Import the License Update File into your CmContainer (You can use CodeMeter Control Center).

There's NO Generate a License Request File option in my CodeMeter Control Center, just a backup option. I even checked the web admin approach and under the CmContainer tab there, I can't find an option to create a License Request File. There is a backup option but that doesn't work.

Where the heck is the License Request File option and someone needs to tell the CodeMeter folks to fix there Java/Active X recognition routine, at least for the browsers I tried.

Thanks for any help ..

Regards,

Doug

Doug,

First few entries here should help:

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?t=19613

Thanks Mark, but unfortunately I'm on a Mac and all of that refers to a Windows methodology. Codemeter help files indicate they support the Mac with the stick and I had no problem installing 2.654 originally using it, but there seems to be no License Request File option anywhere within either the Mac Codemeter Control application under preferences or in the Web Admin area that I can find. I am unable to update using Windows 7 which is what I run under for using the actual game....

Regards,

Doug

Yes understand the Mac Bootcamp methodology (use it on my Mac Book Pro too).

But as far as I know you need to be running codemeter within the Windows environment, for it to work with Steel Beasts.

Almost certain that you can’t run codemeter under OS X and for that licensing to apply to Steel Beasts under Windows?

Ok, thanks ..

Guess I'm toast then.

It did work for the initial purchase and install of 2.654 and even when I bought the additional 4 licenses to upgrade the stick under OSX.

I also updated the actual firmware for the stick using their OSX code, so I can't understand why they don't support this process.

I'll apply for a credit refund to SB and stick with 2.654 for now...

Appreciate the help ... :)

Regards,

Doug

Ah well maybe I’m wrong.

If it process worked for 2.654 it should work for 3.002.

But of course almost all the notes here will be “Windows centric” and you may need to work out the Mac option yourself (or by talking to the Wibu people).

I would have thought though that the interface would at least look similar?

I agree ...

All of the options are there under OSX that are needed to install a new Codemeter application, update additional licenses by adding them and finally, update the stick's firmware. It appears the only one missing from their OSX utility is the generate the "License Request File option" and Codemeter's recognize Java/Active X code is faulty under at least Safari, FireFox and Chrome.....

When I get some time in the next few months. I'll tinker more with it and perhaps contact Codemeter direct for support..

Regards,

Doug

• Members

Yes, I think that'll be your best option. That said, if you bootcamp into Windows, can you not follow the ticket link from there? Alternatively, there is a method to create a Wibu Control FIle without the assistant program from the CodeMeter Control Center.

Right-click an empty space on your desktop (or in a folder), select "New | Wibu Control File". Click "Create". Make sure that in the next step the eSim Games entry is highlighted, or add the new Firm Code "100146", then click OK. This will create a file "MyCmDongle.WibuCmRaC" - and that's what you need for the Remore Programming option on the license ticket page.

Right-click an empty space on your desktop (or in a folder), select "New | Wibu Control File". Click "Create". Make sure that in the next step the eSim Games entry is highlighted, or add the new Firm Code "100146", then click OK. This will create a file "MyCmDongle.WibuCmRaC" - and that's what you need for the Remore Programming option on the license ticket page.

That option to create "New | Wibu Control File" does not exist in the OSX version of Codemeter Control Center for the Mac, which is the show stopper for getting the licenses manually upgrade, since their Java/Active X routine doesn't work either.

I don't think I have any option except to figure out how to move to Windows 7 in BootCamp and do this process, which I've never had to do before, even for original install, upgrade firmware or add the 4 licenses.

Regards,

Doug

• Members
I guess that is machine / license specific?

i.e. I couldn't create it and send it to Doug to add his details to it?

It depends on the CM stick, not necessarily the computer. If you had his CM stick, it'd be quite possible. But I don't understand what the big deal is trying to do it under a bootcamped Windows?