Multiplayer FAQs

Sean

• Administrators

Q: I picked a tank in the assembly area, but once the game starts I cant control anything!!! Whats wrong?

A: You have picked a individual tank within someone elses platoon or section. If you are sure you are in the correct platoon, then hit Alt - F10 to cycle through the tanks or vehicles in that section. Eventually, you will come to your vehicle. Just look for the arrows down at the bottom right hand corner of the screen - once you see them, you have control of that unit. In order to "break away" from that platoon, just hit one of the arrows to move some in any direction. You can now check the map, now you should be able to see your vehicle/unit in a darker color.

If you would like to control a platoon or a section, choose 11/A (platoon leader) or 14/A (platoon sgt) respectively.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, just got the game and set up my router for port forwarding and tested it and all looks fine. When you go onto the manually joining a network session and join session screen does it search for games over a specific time scale? I could not find any games last night but this maybe because there were none.... Or do i need to enter a specific IP address for the host player to join a MP game. Any help here would be appreciated....

If you are on the same LAN (i.e. sub net) as the “host” then you can leave it blank.

If you are joining a MP session over the Internet (on a different sub net) you need to type in the server’s IP address.

The person “serving” normally publishes this in Teamspeak (or you may already be in a Hamachi group and know the IP address).

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I recently got the demo (yesterday), and I'd like to try a Friday night battle before I commit to purchasing. Is that alright? If not, it's totally fine, however I just wanted to experience the multiplayer before laying down $125 (Kind've tight on cash at the moment :( )

Thanks in advance,

Whukid

Hello,

I recently got the demo (yesterday), and I'd like to try a Friday night battle before I commit to purchasing. Is that alright? If not, it's totally fine, however I just wanted to experience the multiplayer before laying down $125 (Kind've tight on cash at the moment :( )

Thanks in advance,

Whukid

Come on TS and We can let you try before TGIF and I'm pretty sure that it would not be any problem for you to play TGIF.

Cobra 6

Whukid,

just show up at the correct time and you can join right up.You may want to show up 30 to 45 minutes early to try connecting to a game if you havent already played mp so any router/ connection type issues can get resolved before game time. Game time is 9:00 PM US Central time.

• 2 months later...
Guest Edwarden

Multiplayer option. Click the left or right arrow to cycle through the available character faces to select your appearance. Multiplayer options is the best options.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I apologize if I've inappropriately resurrected this old thread. However, I wanted to say 'hello' to everyone, and also ask a couple questions.

My name is Bill, and I just got SB. I actually prefer simulators to most games, yet I had not even heard of SB until a few days ago (I mostly played the Silent Hunter series). I served in the Army (2/325 AIR, 82nd ABN) but was never a tanker, so it's been interesting to note the similarities, and differences between armor and light infantry.

I think I've managed to get my router squared away, but would it be possible to test it, as well as test my connection speed? I live quite a ways into the boonies, and while I've never had a problem with my internet, I'd prefer to test it in case it's insufficient.

Secondly, is this http://www.steelbeasts.org/downloads.php?do=cat&id=7 still required for multiplayer? If so, I would assume version 4.0 is what I need, is that correct?

Barring any problems, I look forward to seeing you all on Friday. :smile2:

-All the Way!

Edited by WhiteFalcon325
To typo is human. To revise is divine.

Bill,

Hi and welcome!

Well you shouldn't have had to do anything with your Router as port forwarding for people joining sessions has not been required for a little while now - hence why that thread is retired.

If you intend to host missions then you do need to set things up properly.

As for testing I'm online now and will be for the next 30mins before I go to work.

I'll be in the Teamspeak lobby for that period.

As for the kit you referenced, its the first time I've heard of it - so "no" you don't need it.

It may provide some useful functionality but as I don't speak German I don't know what that is.