Bloom-HDR Mod

Tigershark

KingTiger I didn't even know that changing the skins would have such a great impact on TIS! :shocked:

If it works like that, then yes indeed, the only option is to trust eachother and review AAR's to spot cheating if you suspect someone is doing that.

Heh, the Bloom mod is indeed a bit pale in its effects in relation to what you can do with skins!

We just have to trust our little family then. . . :biggrin:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange twist in about this subject.

Bloom-HDR Mod as an form for cheating:shocked:

I'm still tweaking the .ini file for right amount of bloom.

I like this mod very much.

For me it's extra little visual thing to SBpro, making it more real.

Darker woods, adding "shadows" and creating more depth in my field of view.

Then again, when im going online, i'm not using this mod.

Afraid to spot enemy targets to late.

I see more in vanilla SBpro than with this mod.

I didn't even know that changing the skins would have such a great impact on TIS! :shocked:

I thought, changing the skin doesn't have impact on TIS.

For changing the TIS of an vehicle, the TIS file of that vehicle must be changed,

or am i wrong?

I thought, changing the skin doesn't have impact on TIS.

For changing the TIS of an vehicle, the TIS file of that vehicle must be changed,

or am i wrong?

There is a TIS folder under your mods... default location would be

C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\My Documents\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\mods\textures\tis

So changing skin doesn't change the TIS, unless it's a "TIS skin"

Can someone post some simple installation instructions for this utility? I.E. step by step before I screw up my files lol...thanks guys

Did you try the first page on this thread?

The HDR mod does work with SB Pro. I used enbseries_gtasa_v0074f.zip http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/enbseries_gtasa_v0074f.zip Just drop the config file and the d3d9.dll into the SBpro release directory. Turn off Occlusion and efect and motion blur. The ini file should look like the following.

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=0

InitProxyFunctions=1

ProxyLibrary=

[GLOBAL]

UseEffect=0

AlternativeDepth=0

AllowAntialias=1

BugFixMode=0

SkipShaderOptimization=0

QuadVertexBuffer=0

[EFFECT]

EnableBloom=1

EnableOcclusion=0

EnableReflection=1

EnableMotionBlur=0

EnableWater=1

EnableShadow=1

DepthBias=0

/KT

This will only enable the mod, but standard setting are much too bright, at least on my config.

Does anyone have a nice 'realistic' lighting effect figured out in the actual bloom settings section of the config file?

If so, could you post it? Maybe along with some screenies of what it looks like in-game.

I know there were already posted a few screenies, but those were still in the process of tweaking the mod. I am very much interested in a final setting one might have found to be working.

You could also call me lazy for asking a mod and not tweaking myself... Well take it however you like! :debile2: :biggrin:

Yes, this is quite an interesting improvement. Tried it and the atmosphere was somewhat "moodier". In fact, think it is excellent. Have not tested it with major combat scenarios, but just took it out for a ride and here are some screendumps for those that have not yet tried it.

Cheers,

Ingolf

SS_14_30_57.jpg.5070fef663a5f2c3e5119c81

SS_14_31_48.jpg.09bbcd11fe0cb1e2e7c32b43

SS_15_03_34.jpg.6b32fde3ae4e148369046f30

SS_14_21_39.jpg.11ad51ead3eb0f41dffd049f

SS_15_28_29.jpg.bc2034074b432fa2bbfbfffc

SS_14_30_57.jpg.5070fef663a5f2c3e5119c81

SS_14_31_48.jpg.09bbcd11fe0cb1e2e7c32b43

SS_15_03_34.jpg.6b32fde3ae4e148369046f30

SS_14_21_39.jpg.11ad51ead3eb0f41dffd049f

SS_15_28_29.jpg.bc2034074b432fa2bbfbfffc

Still pictures of the mod are very nice, but I can't seem to find a decent setting where the daylight is not so 'glossy' looking, especially around the edges of trees.

Looks like the gloss overlay you see in those american soaps. :decu:

I also think that you're bound to spot enemies when its too late. :sonic:

Yes, "glossy" is the word. It's a balance between 1) getting rid of the flat 2D feeling and 2) accepting a blurred image of the world... However, after a few hours of testing I still like it.

For those of us who have not seen the american soaps with vaseline on the lenses, we think it is a new experience! ;). Seriously, your point is right and maybe I am just prone to change... you know changes satisfies... or like we say in Sweden, "omväxling förnöjer"!

Well I do like the color palette change and the notion of depth of field you get with the mod. If only we can find a way to get the 'gloss' just right its a definite stay as far as I am concerned. :)

Mate, you may want to check previous pages in this thread... Check page 5. Parabellum has already slaved away and made some settings with the bloom feature. He has a very comfortable setting, but he has disabled the color palette change and motion blur, but you can enable those if you wish... check it out!!

TS

I still have around 55fps on "light" battles, but have now (tonight) had a drop down to 30-45fps where I used to have 60-65 before. It is however very simple to return to full fps by "shift-F12" if it gets intense. :biggrin:

In the case of SB, I really don't care so much about graphics since it delivers plenty in all other aspects. Just wanted to try this out since I am also a LOMAC fan and it actually works ok there as well. My verdict is that it does not affect gameplay for me personally. But the idea is great and looks good.

Thanks for your input, fellow commanders!

Cheers,

Ingolf

Got it to work with Parabellum's settings at first try - thanks! So beautiful! :eek2:

I ran into a weird error, though - not sure if it has been found before. I was in a Strv122 doing one of the TC tutorials to explore the bloom, and after awhile if I descended into the tank using 'Z' I would actually seem to rise in the turret instead of descend and the world would change to as if I was in heaven on top of a tank turret. :angel: Only clouds and a sky-like color all around, with me on top of the turret. Pressing the 'Q' key and I would DESCEND into the "turret" but then pop UP into the low unbuttoned position with the world back in place. It didn't seem to matter if bloom was on or off.

I found I could fix the error by going inside with a purpose, such as being unbuttoned and pressing F2 or F3. Then everything worked fine.

Weird...

But bloom is freaking awesome! Wahoo! :mrgreen:

enb2008_7_4_20_12_55.JPG.6183174c2270460

enb2008_7_4_20_12_55.JPG.6183174c2270460

Edited by LtGeorge
Emphasis added/fixed spelling.

Got it to work with Parabellum's settings at first try - thanks! So beautiful! :eek2:

....................bloom is freaking awesome! Wahoo! :mrgreen:

Ya, I am very glad you got it working LtGeorge!

Ya, Parabellum's settings work very well! His settings for the mod really beat doing it yourself for hours on end...

Just re-emphasize

SS_14_21_39.jpg

8)

TS

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...