Ssnake

• Members

On release days, or the day or two following them, delays may occur between placement of order, receipt of the order confirmation to your mail box, and receipt of the license ticket containing the link to the web depot where you can claim your license

1. Usually the email with the license ticket will arrive more or less the same second as the order confirmation.
    In times of peak demand, delays may occur. In September 2013 they have been reported to be as large as 40 minutes. Until about June 2016, and after June 2016, this is not to be expected. Around the release of a new version my recommendation is to have a bit of patience. If the ticket hasn't arrived within an hour after the order confirmation, it's time to take action - unless it's not June, where you should wonder immediately.
  2. The most frequent reason for a missing ticket is that it has been caught in a spam filter.
    Your ISP may put all suspected spam mails into a folder that you should check. Or maybe there is a local filter. Or maybe the email was filtered by a particularly aggressive mail relay server who considers the ticket URL as an encrypted message from Satan and therefore doesn't forward it as it bloody should.
  3. If you can't find it in your spam filter (don't pretend to look into it. Admit to yourself if you don't know how to do it, and muster the energy to ask your ISP/web mail hoster about this ... who knows what else has been filtered away that you never saw?). If you can't find it in your spam filter, it's time to contact Sales (at eSimGames.com).
    However, consider the possibility that our answers get rejected or suppressed by the same spam filter!
    If you do not receive a reply within a few hours (typically less than three, rarely more than six) please contact us here in the forum or provide an alternate email address as we may have no other means of contacting you.
  4. When you do, please forward your order confirmation email. Because the second most prominent reason why ticket emails don't reach you are typos in your email address
  5. However contacting us is totally pointless if your mail account has exceeded its disk quota and our attempts to contact you are rejected like all other incoming mail. It's kinda "duh", but it has happened today at least once, otherwise I wouldn't list it here.
  6. Sending Sales an email once is sufficient.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Message to Jan Aalders and others:

The most frequent reason for a missing ticket is that it has been caught in a spam filter. Your ISP may put all suspected spam mails into a folder that you should check. Or maybe there is a local filter. Or maybe the email was filtered by a particularly aggressive mail relay server who considers the ticket URL as an encrypted message from Satan and therefore doesn't forward it as it bloody should.

As it happens, sometimes EVERYTHING that's coming from eSim Games is rejected as spam by some particularly Calvinistic email service providers. In such a situation we have no means of contacting you, even if you urgently demand that we send you the bloody ticket for which you paid for, or else!

You have every reason to be upset, but as our messages to you are being intercepted by someone who apparently thinks that his customers aren't supposed to be interested in anything related to "Games" - well, there isn't much that we can do without a telephone number other than this public service announcement.

Edited by Ssnake

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In this day and age this is just too hard. I have been around SB since 04, kept up with 3.0. I did the $10 one month to ensure it works om my i5 system, then I was planning on just getting the whole new license. Well of course I cant get it to work, and the emailing back and forth to try to figure it out really isn't worth my time. keep the $10 bucks, I have very limited time to relax and do some gaming and I cant spend it on trying to trouble shoot SB4. I just hope having the code meter in when I was installing 40 didn't mess me up to go back and play my 3.0 with updates on my laptop. 

• Members

I don't know if we two have been in email contact. The problems that occurred recently were

a) limited to time-based licenses

b) partially caused by bugs in the CodeMeter runtime software, and

c) made worse by the Windows 10 Anniversary Update

With the latest update (SB Pro PE 4.006/CodeMeter runtime version 6.30d) these issues should be solved now. I'm sorry if all this created the impression that it's all a chaotic mess. As the application developer we only have limited (or no) influence over the Windows 10 update policy, or the CodeMeter runtime software (short of abandoning it altogether ... then what?  I can see no alternative that promises to be better in reliability and of equal or better level when it comes to licensing flexibility, protection, and the maintaining of customer privacy). I will concede that there are more convenient options like Steam, but they come with a whole host of other issues. Also, we need to use a solution that is both suitable for PE users and in the classroom.

• 8 months later...
  • Ssnake unpinned this topic