CalAB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moving clouds of dust & smoke screen.... :smilelove-1:

Aaannnd

SHADOWS!

As for the animation of soldiers - when I first time sprayed coax on them and they started wiggling and crawling around - I thought it is a bug :biggrin:

And when I realized they are actually trying to hide from me in prone position, it was awesome :)

I like the new special effects like the flaming vehicles and puffs of smoke that come out of the cupola of a vehicle after it's hit. Though it's not the super awsome special effects I think the developers were working toward, they are pretty good considering how much work it must have been to shoehorn them into the present engine.

And the M1A2 50x thermal sight, things a long range 120mm sniper rifle now lol.

I have no real world experience but there was a real world tanker on here a month or so back who said that the only thing that seemed off to him was that the coax guns were harder to hit then he remembered.He posted that as long as he was ranged properly the weapon was point and kill even out at 300m.It did feel off to me before and now feels better but again....no real world experience to judge by.

That said,the Leo2E TC TIM zoom still is missing a level of zoom that the other leo's have in TIM.

And one more question is are the 3D infantry/civilian models upgraded.I don't remember them looking so nice before,not speaking of civilians obviously.

I'm enjoying the Spike missile way to much. (not saying it's the best new feature, but it's tons of fun)

Tip: when you have to manually control it (with the arrow buttons), hit CTRL again when you have the target in sight. Now the missile is locked on again.

Sit back and enjoy the show...

I have no real world experience but there was a real world tanker on here a month or so back who said that the only thing that seemed off to him was that the coax guns were harder to hit then he remembered.He posted that as long as he was ranged properly the weapon was point and kill even out at 300m.It did feel off to me before and now feels better but again....no real world experience to judge by.

Well he isn't the only real world tanker around here. :)

300m should be very easy as the coax is slaved to the main gun and uses the same fire control system(s).

Trace burns out between 900 and 1100m so you should be able to lay on a target very easily even at those ranges.

The issue is that the rounds don't have the same muzzle velocity as the main gun and indeed part of the machine guns general design is to put rounds in an area, not every single round in the same spot.

I'm enjoying the Spike missile way to much. (not saying it's the best new feature, but it's tons of fun)

Tip: when you have to manually control it (with the arrow buttons), hit CTRL again when you have the target in sight. Now the missile is locked on again.

Sit back and enjoy the show...

Ohhh, The Arrow keys! :biggrin:

no upgrade to the soldier models.

That is weird that I never noticed how nice they look in past version but I think your right.

This might be that case that the Spanish MoD bought a cheaper TIS system on the Leo2E...so it is modeled in SB this way :-P

In previous version the toggle mag button had two mag levels and if you wanted to zoom in further you had to leave the TIM and press the switch on the TIM panel itself.In 3.0 though the switch on the TIM panel and the button on your keyboard both just toggle the two magnifications.I guess they fixed it and the Spanish did choose the cheaper TIM.

Well he isn't the only real world tanker around here. :)

300m should be very easy as the coax is slaved to the main gun and uses the same fire control system(s).

Trace burns out between 900 and 1100m so you should be able to lay on a target very easily even at those ranges.

The issue is that the rounds don't have the same muzzle velocity as the main gun and indeed part of the machine guns general design is to put rounds in an area, not every single round in the same spot.

:cul: Sorry,I forgot that this forum has alot of ex and current tankers.