Welcomed Feature With 3.0

CalAB

Just loving the SEP.The new main weapon configuration,where the whole weapon doesn't jerk to the side when you press lase is very welcome.:debile2: The TC TIS is very welcome.The extreme magnification is very welcome.And finally the F4 vision blocks view is hands down best in game and I find myself riding along in that view.The texture work in the vision blocks just pulls me in.:)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dismounted Bradley team crawl forward only to spot some infantry and armor congregating in a slight depression, called in an airstrike with two 500lb bombs. Wow!! The sight, and the sound of that from the perspective of the infantry was awsome!! It sounded just like the airstrikes I've seen on the videos from the war zone.

The new sounds are really nice, guns recoiling are another nice touch.

I also like how rocket tubes and missile racks empty themselves visually. Nice little detail. I'm also enjoying the updated fire, smoke, and dust effects. And welcome back, bouncing tracers!

The choppers look and sound great. They maneuver very nicely and it's so awesome watching Apaches and Blackhawks ingress.

Tanks have always looked good in SB but I'm enjoying the updated T-80U model very much.

Edit:

I forgot to mention "Alt-H". :thumbup:

I really love the on map artillery now. Working on a scenario where you only have X tubes of firing that has X amount of rounds, after depleting those rounds they have to regroup and bomb up, which means the player wont have any arty assets meanwhile. plus there is a limit how far out you can fire indirect fire etc. Its just so awesome :D

Silent kills. Environmental effects. On map arty. Civilians. There are so many things to like about this. Its hard to pick just one.

+1 :luxhello:

Just got mine working and have been looking around. I know Esim said the particle effects didn't make it and a stop gap measure of smoke etc is being used but I have got to say I love the new smoke billowing out of burning vehicles. Exactly what I was hoping for. Also, love the recoil of the guns. It is so cool to sit up in the CO's hatch, order a fire of the gun and watch the gun tube recoil. Awsome!

I'm lucky enough to run setting all way on high so far and the environmental effects, shadows, smoke etc. are just amazing! Really nice job guys.

Also, been fooling around with the new troops orders etc. Being one who likes to CO mech infantry, I really appreciate the added options to command these guys, makes it much esier to handle them. Troop animations are superb.

One question though. I swear I saw in the release notes that the Russian troops would now carry PKT MGs in the squads. I don't see them. Did I read that wrong? I know I saw some mention of PKT MG somewhere.

• Moderators

One question though. I swear I saw in the release notes that the Russian troops would now carry PKT MGs in the squads. I don't see them. Did I read that wrong? I know I saw some mention of PKT MG somewhere.

Not yet, if it was there then it was a mistake unfortunately. This is on the to-do list.

• Members
Complaint: No support for Occulus Rift. ;)

Actually two guys on the dev team have dev kits but, realistically speaking, it doesn't seem like SB is a good fit for it.. quite apart from the question of having to render the scene twice @ (ideally) 60fps plus custom shaders etc..

I welcome all the new features. So much new content and upgrades, I've been enjoying all of the ones I've come across. Still have quite a few vehicles to run and 'play' with. Loving the new look of the Leopard 2AXs!

Alas, M1A2 SEP has overtaken the STRV 122 as my favorite tank however. The multiple zoom levels up to a whopping 50x for gunner and commander and having the CITV (TIM) forward on the turret really makes observations while hull down possible when on an incline in defilade.

I welcome all the new features. So much new content and upgrades, I've been enjoying all of the ones I've come across. Still have quite a few vehicles to run and 'play' with. Loving the new look of the Leopard 2AXs!

Alas, M1A2 SEP has overtaken the STRV 122 as my favorite tank however. The multiple zoom levels up to a whopping 50x for gunner and commander and having the CITV (TIM) forward on the turret really makes observations while hull down possible when on an incline in defilade.

Challenger 2 is where its at, mate. ;)

That CV12 burbling away....Fnerg. Just. Fnerg. :biggrin:

Actually two guys on the dev team have dev kits but, realistically speaking, it doesn't seem like SB is a good fit for it.. quite apart from the question of having to render the scene twice @ (ideally) 60fps plus custom shaders etc..

That's really interesting. I wasn't being serious, but it does look as if this thing might make VR a viable option for future games. It got an excellent write up in the latest issue of Custom PC magazine, and those guys are usually quite sceptical about 'revolutionary' developments.