Grim.Reaper

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Administrators

I'm not sure if it will work, but the primary upgrade license has to be activated first, then activate the secondary licenses separately.

Although a variant on the error code, I'm experiencing the same problem on trying the manual update process ..

Getting this error now... :

"The license cannot be transferred into this CmContainer. Please choose a different CmContainer and try again.

Error Code = 0x18080003"

Regards,

Doug

+1 with Error Code = 0x18080001

Since Wibu servers have been identified as source of the issue I guess I'll just mention myself to give Ssnake even more argument when calling Wibu the names on Monday evening (GMT+1).

Just for sake of clarity: firmware upgraded, SB3 installed, Java upgraded to the latest version, .... licence bought !!! ;) ..., tried different browsers using various versions of Win7, Win8 and Server 2008 R2 - no joy.

I'm in this boat too. Admittedly thought I was the anomaly doing all of this last night and now that I've awakened with a timely email response from sSnake, he confirmed it was server based and nothing eSims can do. It's all up to Wibu. Sigh....will sporadically check through the weekend but I too had some free time. Perhaps I'll have to catch a cold for Monday's work call..

Thanks sSnake for the quick reply and looking forward to trying this one out. As someone earlier mentioned, any chance of a 1 day or weekend pass activation if it bypasses the server to authenticate? If it needs the server, then disregard.

Matt

I'm not sure if it will work, but the primary upgrade license has to be activated first, then activate the secondary licenses separately.

Thanks Sean ...

I tried that, just importing manually an Upgrade license only and not the secondaries...

It still didn't work, but it's interesting that the error code changed to what everyone else is getting here ..

"An internal error has occurred. Please try again later.

Error Code = 0x18080001"

Regards,

Doug

Though it serves no purpose for me to post a "me too" here, I do it anyway, since it makes me feel at least marginally better to issue an electronic "WTF"

Corporate culture being what it is lately, I'm sure the responsible party(s) at wibu will get a performance bonus over this.

Ok, on the off chance that the issue was OSX related, I loaded up Windows 7 where I run SB and plugged in the stick. Codemeter Control panel reads everything as current and no updates needed..

Started up IE browser and sure enough, current Java/Active X which is installed is not recognized when clicking on the purchase update link provided.

Ran manual process and once again, getting:

"An internal error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code = 0x18080001"

Guess it's a problem with the software protection company's servers ...

Can't think what else it would be causing this update process to completely fail, both automatically and manually across 4 different browsers and 2 different operating systems...

Regards,

Doug

Firstly I would like to thank Ssnake for getting the update link too me so fast!

Unfortunately I'm now in the same boat as all of you, no need to post details as they have been posted. I'm sure it will be taken care of asp, But talk 'bout the proverbial carrot hung in front of the horse!

For what it's worth, and I'm not suggesting that you now all should buy time based licenses - but I just activated a one-month license from the web depot, and it was a breeze. No error messages or anything.

Just for your information.

Are you saying If I buy a 1 month time based license, that it maybe a work around for the current issue?

I would have no problem doing such an action if you think it will work.

Understand the risk it may not work here on my end, but willing to try.

• Members
Are you saying If I buy a 1 month time based license, that it maybe a work around for the current issue?

I'm saying that I did, and it worked for me. It would be interesting to know if it's a matter of the license type (permanent vs time-based), or if it affects only certain users. I don't know the answer, but (within reasonable limits) I welcome all the feedback I can get about the current situation from anyone who is willing to give it a shot.

When I do a manual update and click on commit to create the file it says to send the file to the producer.. sorry but where exactly do I send this file.. anyone give me a link please

On the page that links to your license there's a "manual" button bottom right, go there. It will ask you for that file. But you'll get the same error in the end. At least I do.

I am in a business that I deal with a ton of vendors who support our company's customers and even if they don't have active support people monitoring support lines/email, they all have automated monitoring systems checking for system faults and server errors and if they occur, they alert support personnel who are contacted to troubleshoot the issue even on the weekends.

I realize in this particular case the product is a game/simulator that certainly isn't the same magnitude as financial systems, but I imagine their products are used for other business purposes that are more critical to customers so you would think they would have something in place to proactively identify issues. Of course this would assume that whatever the issue is can be trapped by monitors.

At the end of the day not a huge deal to me because it is just entertainment, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't extremely excited to read about the release yesterday, but only to be disappointed to find out I couldn't ultimately register it to play. That is actually flattery for the game since I am very interested to give it a try:)

I'm saying that I did, and it worked for me. It would be interesting to know if it's a matter of the license type (permanent vs time-based), or if it affects only certain users. I don't know the answer, but (within reasonable limits) I welcome all the feedback I can get about the current situation from anyone who is willing to give it a shot.

OK.... Buying a 1 month license DOES WORK!

This is a viable work around for this issue. Just completed install and 3.0 up and running.

For those in the same boat you now have an option for a cost of 9.50.

Thanks Snake for the creative out of the box idea

OK.... Buying a 1 month license DOES WORK!

This is a viable work around for this issue. Just completed install and 3.0 up and running.

For those in the same boat you now have an option for a cost of 9.50.

Thanks Snake for the creative out of the box idea

Whilst this may certainly be a viable option for eSim games, as it is more money in the bank for them .. it is NOT really a viable option. I really can't see how it's viable, .. that having paid for something, and not receiving it, .. that I now have the option to pay some more money ... just to 'temporarily' get to use it. :icon_frown:

It seems certain that the Licensing issue is with Wibu, but .. this is eSim's vendor, and the responsibility is theirs to ensure that their vendor provides Service Delivery.

At the very least, eSim should have provided those, affected by their Vendor's lack of support .. a free temporary license, until such time as the issue had been resolved. :rolleyes:

BTW, .. I was less 'bitter' about not being able to play SBPro 3, .. until I read about this 'option'. :shocked:

... the cheek of it. :-P

Cheers

Tom

Edited by Thomasew

Whilst this may certainly be a viable option for eSim games, as it is more money in the bank for them .. it is NOT really a viable option. I really can't see how it's viable, .. that having paid for something, and not receiving it, .. that I now have the option to pay some more money ... just to 'temporarily' get to use it. :icon_frown:

It seems certain that the Licensing issue is with Wibu, but .. this is eSim's vendor, and the responsibility is theirs to ensure that their vendor provides Service Delivery.

At the very least, eSim should have provided those, affected by their Vendor's lack of support .. a free temporary license, until such time as the issue had been resolved. :rolleyes:

BTW, .. I was less 'bitter' about not being able to play SBPro 3, .. until I read about this 'option'. :shocked:

... the cheek of it. :-P

Cheers

Tom

+1