New CodeMeter stuff

Ssnake

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got my ancient 1.14 (...I think it was...) CM stick updated to 1.18 easily enough here, AND got the PE 3.0 license installed on first try. I've ordered a new CM stick with 3.0 license on it, but it hasn't arrived yet, so I thought I'd try to update my existing stick with the 3.0 license. Esim sent a link to the 3.0 license, and that worked out great after the firmware update. Downloading SB torrent as we speak. Looking forward to getting back into it, after waaay too long doing reallife stuff.

One question though:

I got SB Pro PE back in 2006, and that license still resides on the CM stick, according to the webadmin-utility. Any way to upgrade that to 3.0 as well (I assume that I'll have to pay)? Product code is 11051.

• Members

A license for SB Pro 2.4, 2.5, or 2.6 is required to upgrade to version 3.0 (otherwise an upgrade ticket cannot be activated).

If you already have a 3.0 license on your stick, purchasing a secondary license is $15.- cheaper than an upgrade license. Secondary license tickets, as the name suggest, require an already existing license of the same type on the stick on which they are supposed to be installed.

A license for SB Pro 2.4, 2.5, or 2.6 is required to upgrade to version 3.0 (otherwise an upgrade ticket cannot be activated).

If you already have a 3.0 license on your stick, purchasing a secondary license is $15.- cheaper than an upgrade license. Secondary license tickets, as the name suggest, require an already existing license of the same type on the stick on which they are supposed to be installed.

Awesome, thanks for answers!

Sounds good, pretty much the only way I can try to recruit some of my friends :)

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I extended my time-limited license after a long break and now I get this message:

One of the following licenses is required:

.Codemeter 100146:11091

failure reason:CmContainer Entry not found, Error 200

.CodemeterAct 5000173:71091

Failure reason: The usage period is overrun-the en-/decryption

cannot be operated,Error 71

I looked through this thread but haven't found the solution.

• Members

If you were referring to your email from Nov 10th, I did reply the same day. I have re-sent it a minute ago, so you should actually find two emails in your in-box. I'm not sure why you haven't received them. Maybe your mail server has erroneously identified them as spam?

• Members
Can you send me the first e-mail, please?

I did so, several times. :(

Does Gmail have a spam filter that you can check?

Do you have an alternate email address?

Did you also receive my reply yesterday?

I did, but given the difficulties with the emails I figured it might be better to answer here. I seem to receive everything that you send, though - if that's of any consolation.

• 1 month later...

One of the following licenses is required:

.Codemeter 100146:11091

failure reason:CmContainer Entry not found, Error 200

.CodemeterAct 5000173:71091

Failure reason: The usage period is overrun-the en-/decryption

cannot be operated,Error 71

Just received my BRAND NEW CODEMETER DONGLE!!! But as you can see, I've run into this problem that others have as well. I have installed everything I was supposed to but no joy. Need help as I am not computer savvy at all :(

• 8 months later...

Hey all, new user here!

I just wanted to share my experiences (or problems) with the CodeMeter stick and software lately.

I did all the correct steps, installed the latest runtime kit, updated the firmware, checked for correct licence on the stick... all seemed to be OK. But for some reason the CodeMeter service kept stopping after 5 minutes of Windows uptime. So after I rebooted my computer the CodeMeter icon stayed blue in the tray, everything was good, I could start Steel Beasts and play it with no problems. For about five minutes that is.

After that the service always stopped for some unknown reason -> game crashed.

I contacted CodeMeter tech support and got the following answer:

"Include the CodeMeter.exe in the so called WhiteList for F-Secure. After this, and based on our experiences, no more problems appeared at all. To add the CodeMeter.exe in the WhiteList please do the following: F-Secure configuration > Virus- and Spyware Scanning > Exclude files from scanning (or similar) (this should be an entry with blue letters down in the middle of the app.) > Objects > checkmark on “exclude objects” and select CodeMeter.exe from the directory: „C:\Program Files (86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin“."

And that fixed the problem for me. Now I can finally play the game :gun:

TL;DR If you're using F-Secure anti-virus and you have problems with the CodeMeter software, follow steps described above.