New CodeMeter stuff

Ssnake

• Members

Apparently some of the changes with the CodeMeter runtime haven't been adequately explained, so:

1. Installing SB Pro PE 3.0 will also install a "virtual CodeMeter stick" that is tied to your computer's hardware. This "soft stick" will be used to hold time-based licenses.
  2. As a consequence, the CodeMeter tray icon now is blue instead of the traditional turquoise green, indicating the presence of multiple CM sticks
  3. SB Pro PE time based licenses can NOT be installed on the traditional CM sticks, only on the "virtual" CM containers.
  4. The virtual CM stick will show up even if it doesn't contain any licenses
  5. If you can't remember when it was the last time that you upgraded the firmware on your CodeMeter stick, or don't understand what I'm talking about here, you need to do it. Now.

6. Start the CodeMeter Control Center.
    Click the circular arrow.
    Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If prompted for a password (may happen with 1st generation CM sticks), it is "CodeMeter" by factory default.
    Outdated firmware is a popular reason for malfunctions and will frustrate you, and me.

That seems to be it, for the moment. If you have questions, post them here.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I attempted to update mine, but it says version 1.18 is the most current and will not upgrade to 2.02. Absolutely not sure why but have run as administrator, disabled Norton and ensured jave and active x are enabled. This was the first thing I attempted to correct when I couldn't get the updated license.

It probably didn't help initially by having 2 instances (in my excitement to play the newest version, forgot to delete the older installs, sorry) of the Codemeter software installed, the last updated package and the newly installed one that came with the software. I have since un-installed the older version and newer one too, then installed only the latest version, re-boot and still no joy.

Matt

Having same problem here just bought the game and cant play due to this codemeter shit, cant update past 1.18 how the hell do get this sorted so I an play

Following some of the various dongle threads I think it's tied to the wibu server and their apparent lack of response to our dongles allowing the license to activate and firmware to update. I suspect we all may have to wait until Monday.

Cheers!

Matt

FYI:

If your dongle serial number starts with 1-xxx, you can not update to firmware 2.02, those dongles "max out" at firmware version 1.18. Only newer dongles with serials 2-xxx can update to firmware 2.02.

However: according to Wibu, it is NOT mandatory to use firmware 2.x, all license stuff should work fine with firmware 1.18 on 1-xxx dongles as well. Only for 2-xxx dongles, it is recommended to update the firmware.

So the ball is in their hands now, the need to get their server software straight. Nothing we can do here on the client side anymore...

Following some of the various dongle threads I think it's tied to the wibu server and their apparent lack of response to our dongles allowing the license to activate and firmware to update. I suspect we all may have to wait until Monday.
Correct. If we're lucky, they do something at the weekend already. But even for sever customers (i.e. eSim Games), they only offer support at the weekdays. Oh well... bad timing.

FYI:

If your dongle serial number starts with 1-xxx, you can not update to firmware 2.02, those dongles "max out" at firmware version 1.18. Only newer dongles with serials 2-xxx can update to firmware 2.02.

However: according to Wibu, it is NOT mandatory to use firmware 2.x, all license stuff should work fine with firmware 1.18 on 1-xxx dongles as well. Only for 2-xxx dongles, it is recommended to update the firmware.

So the ball is in their hands now, the need to get their server software straight. Nothing we can do here on the client side anymore...

Good explanation! Hopefully there will never be a need to upgrade beyond and have to buy an new dongle to continue support. Thanks for the clarification dunc.

Sunday Sept. 22 17:07 Eastern US time. My 2-xxxxxx Dongle upgraded to 2/02 with no problems.
Interesting. Can others try it as well and see what happens?

I guess I'll be corrected if wrong, but it appears from the numbers in his post that he's talking about updating the firmware of a newer cm stick. From what I've been reading, no one was having trouble doing that (except those of us with The older cm sticks, which can't be upgraded beyond 1.18, which is apparently unnecessary, anyway). Right?

Anyway, just for giggles I just tried to update the firmware of my older (1-xxxxxxx) stick and the latest runtime installed. Message: "A firmware field update is not required."

The problem is that neither old nor new sticks can load the permanent, $40 v3.002 SB upgrade license. Right?

So, being in need of more giggles., I also just tried that again. No joy.

Waiting for Monday like the rest.

My older stick shows 1.18, so guess that's the newest firmware I'm going to get. I used the email link(for the 3.02 lic) and it seemed to wk fine. My tray Icon is blue and shows 2 Lic. containers. The esim game is empty and the CM stick shows a lic. I'm guessing it is the correct one since I can run 3.02. I haven't really done anything but start the SIM and look around a little.

BTW I did upgrade to 5.00D(Code Meter software) before I did anything else

• Members

Sticks with serial number 1-XXXXXXX are limited to firmware version 1.18 (at the moment)

Sticks with serial number 2-XXXXXXX are limited to firmware version 2.02 (at the moment)

So it depends on the production lot from which your stick is. Newer sticks also have a smaller LED, and a laser engraving of their serial number on the plug.

• Members
It is not yet morning yet in Germany (middle of the night there at the time of this posting).

Damn right, it is. ;)

We know what is to do, we know who can do it. All that's left is to wait until the normal office hours will start - in about six hours from now. Then it still needs to actually get done, but I'm pretty confident that it won't take very long.

By sunrise in New York I expect this dreadful situation to be over.

Logging off for a few hours now.

Logging off for a few hours now.

I feel for you. And for everyone who's had problems.

I've been wanting to rant and rave about how great 3.0 is and what a great job all of you guys have done. But I don't want to rub it in for those who can't enjoy it yet.

Seriously, though. You guys are gonna love it!