New CodeMeter stuff

Ssnake

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Is there any reason why the code meter has failed, today? It has been working fine through the weekend. Receive the code meter error message, after having SB running this morning, the new Esim license is not present in the control center.

So you have a permanent license installed? Does it show up in the codemeter webadmin?

So you have a permanent license installed? Does it show up in the codemeter webadmin?

Yes I have a permanent license, and no it doesn't show up in the control center any more, and when I click commit, I received an error message: file C:\User\PAWade\1-1057696.WibuCmRaU not found.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

I hope this is the right thread.....Just a quick note, Ssnake and the crew helped me with an issue around licences and I would like to thank them for the solution and the excellent customer service they delivered.

Thanks guys and a great job. :luxhello:

• Members

Chances are you just need a firmware upgrade. The factory default password for early generation CM sticks is "CodeMeter" (notice the two capitalized letters), later they dropped it.

If you're not using the factory default password, I can't help you. Maybe the CodeMeter hotline can. If they can't either we can discuss an exchange at your costs.

Need some help here.Just purchased my second one month pass and having trouble getting it running.I reinstalled SB went to website that was emailed me.At website it says new license activated but when I click on SB icon it keeps saying.......

Codemeter error:Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port.

Any idea what I did wrong?

I knew I would screw it all up.:c: Ok,before I reinstalled I purchased an extension and then went to the linked website.When there it told me that I did not have activeX installed and to try it in offline mode.I tried that also but was getting an error,so I then reinstalled SB.

I then clicked on the codemeter icon in lower right and it showed two license.I clicked on the license update and it said "license request file has been successfully created".I then went back to the link from email sent to me and it now showed "all licenses are updated" and this is listed

CmAct-PE-1MO CM ACT: SB Pro PE, add 1 month to 1 license Activated

When I click on my SB icon to start the game it says to please ensure the CM stick is secure in USB port.

EDIT<<<I reinstalled it again and now I am getting this when I click on SB icon

One of the following licenses is required:

.Codemeter 100146:11091

failure reason:CmContainer Entry not found, Error 200

.CodemeterAct 5000173:71091

Failure reason: The usage period is overrun-the en-/decryption

cannot be operated,Error 71

I gave up making this stuff work until my computer tech comes back from vacation and maybe he will make it will work.

one day someone will invent software the average guy can use and they will build statues of him. P.S VERY FRUSTRATING.

I gave up making this stuff work until my computer tech comes back from vacation and maybe he will make it will work.

one day someone will invent software the average guy can use and they will build statues of him. P.S VERY FRUSTRATING.

Join us in the 1CAD TS at around 8:30-9:00 wed night and I'll try to help ya out.:clin:

• Members
I just up-graded my computer to Windows 7 and I lost my password to upgrade my codemeter to the latest version.

The game keeps asking me to plug-in the Codemeter.

I tried every USB inlet and its not working.

Have you ever contacted me about this, after you tried the firmware upgrade?

I bought an upgrade license ($40) and the license with a new dongle ($115) today. Had the old dongle plugged in (2.02) and download the license. Downloaded the SB3.002 files and installed. No licenses are showing up on the dongle. Hope someone can point out what I may have done wrong

Okay, I finally got the license on the dongle. Installed the game. When starting I get the "CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port." Doesn't matter which USB port is used. Have rebooted and still the same error.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Bruce

Okay, I finally got the license on the dongle. Installed the game. When starting I get the "CodeMeter error: Please ensure your CM stick is securely in a USB port." Doesn't matter which USB port is used. Have rebooted and still the same error.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Bruce

I had the same issue on my new pc. I had a USB cable thingee :c:for connecting USB things to a PC via this cable. Well I tried that and found it works every time. So I'm thinking one of wo things are happening.The dongle has a loose USB connector:gun:, or my new PC has 4 bad/loose connectors:gun:. But in the end it works now, so the planets are aligned once again, In sha La.:luxhello:

I think I have the problem identified. Older dongle has CmStick 1.12. Can't upgrade because I don't have a password. "CodeMeter" password doesn't work. Newer CmStick is 2.02 with the newer SB 3.002 license. I assume that I'll have to get the old license to the newer stick somehow. Older 2.xxx versions of SB run ok with the older dongle. Either that or hope 3.002 will run when the NEW CmStick arrives.

Okay, checked both CmSticks. The same license for 2.xxx (32767-95515xxxx) is on both dongles. The license for 3.002 is nowhere to be seen.

Just checked both sticks on CodeMeter WebAdmin. License 32767-95515xxxx is disable3d on both sticks???

Edited by brucemorris
More research

• Members

32767-... is the serial code for an UNUSED virtual CM stick (exclusively used for time based SB Pro PE 3.0 licenses). You can safely ignore these if you have a physical CM stick.

WRT the lost password, I can but recommend to contact Support@CodeMeter.com, maybe they can help. Your assessment is correct however that if the license is on the stick, what's needed is a firmware upgrade to get it to work.

WRT sticks not being recognized after they are plugged in - again contact the CodeMeter support team, but before you do so, run CmDUST and attach the CmDustResult.log file to your email to them. Feel free to put me on CC so that I can monitor the exchange and eventually take action when necessary.