Will this system run 3.0?

Quagmire

Hi guys, before buying the upgrade can someone advise if my laptop will run SB Pro PE 3.0 based on these specs?

The previous version 2.654 ran very well, it would only slow down on very busy maps - those with lots of structures and large battles.

OK, specs are:

Dell XPS M1710 laptop

Windows XP Home SP3

Intel Core2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz

3.2GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX

(System details provided by CCleaner)

I've had a look through the system performance thread but I'm not sure how well my system compares to the other GTX cards listed.

Thanks guys!

Q

Not sure but it you want I can lend you a license for say 48 hours and you can flog it to death to see for yourself.

Just drop me an email.

That would be great, cheers! :)

By email do you mean PM? I'll send you one with my email address. - Ignore that, just seen the 'send email' option by your username.

Thanks!

@dave1978 & Blackdeath:

You say you both have the same/similar laptop? A friend of mine recently suggested I upgrade mine to Windows 7. I've heard that the Geforce Go 7950GTX can have some issues though with the fans running constantly and other issues with Win7. How did the upgrade go for you?

I'm currently running XP (that the laptop was installed with). Is there anything else I should take into consideration; memory, networking etc or is it quite straightforward? (given the right drivers of course). ;)

Thanks.

i own the m15x on vista.

it worked quite well at the time i bought it but the fan has always been loudy as you state.

I recently "upgraded" my computer to a intel hd one, i'll see how it performs on sb3 once codemeter problem have been resolved

but as far as sb 2 was concerned on 7950GTX, it worked ok as long as it was no demanding mission

Well i got it all goung last night and first impressions are good, my system rain it with shadows. I think its the 8Gb ram i have helping things along.

Dave, is it the same laptop but running Win7? If so I might consider upgrading mine, at least I'll be able to add more memory then.

Yesterday I played through the Defence of Kozda mission to test a scenario that involves a lot of vehicles. Generally the FPS were around the 25 mark throughout but did drop to 19-20 when viewing dense artillery action. All sliders were set to zero though. (And I scored a major victory, so that was nice.)

Q

Well i played through 'Defence of Kozda' last night. First thing, what a mission, i added an M1A2 as a treat for myself.

So it played very well on my system with shadows at 2 and the rest maxed out. Slight stuttering when i charged through the trees but in open ground no issues at all.

I just got 3,0 today so I've only run a few simple test scenarios so far, and I've done it all with the new graphics settings rolled back. I'm going to start increasing them slowly and see how it effects things.

AMD 8120 (8 cores at 3.1Ghz)

4Gb of RAM (It's DDR3 1600, but motherboard wants to run it at DDR3 1333 for some reason?)

NVidia GeForce GT610 (1gb of RAM on the vid card, but the processor on the card is crap)

So far, I would say that I'm not noticing any decrease in performance with the graphics at low settings.