3.002 - Seriously ???

Isnogud

Can somebody tell me how i can re-join a network session in 3.002 or join an ongoing network session?

Have i missed something here?

I mean this was the main feature that was announced, right?

So in conclusion: Are you serious about calling this a new Version?

It's most def just an update guys...

Can somebody tell me how i can re-join a network session in 3.002 or join an ongoing network session?

Have i missed something here?

I mean this was the main feature that was announced, right?

So in conclusion: Are you serious about calling this a new Version?

It's most def just an update guys...

U really have broblems.. with your attitude.

-haukka81

Hit the pause button, then run the join in progress wizard from the menu in the map view. It might be written up in more detail in the release notes.

ok thank you, we tested this pause but joining afterwards was not possible.

But if it works i'll take my "serious" back.

@haukka81: sorry if this offends you...

3.002 yes, seriously.

If I were you, I would not talk crap about the new version simply because you are unable to work one of its most simple features. Simply checking the menu while in game or reading the release notes would have provided you the information you needed.

You are henceforth known as the boy who cried wolf...

Jack

3.002 yes, seriously.

If I were you, I would not talk crap about the new version simply because you are unable to work one of its most simple features. Simply checking the menu while in game or reading the release notes would have provided you the information you needed.

You are henceforth known as the boy who cried wolf...

Jack

wow, and immediately it turns into an attack thread for you?

Well, not everybody needs that kind of false need for harmony so forget about arguing, just post "Everything great" or "YES I AGREE" ... a forget about it

• Members

You are right. It isn't described in the Release Notes at all - an oversight on my part, I'm sorry. It's been in constant editing since April ... you develop blind spots when working on a text for so long.

Anyway, when you are joining, you simply follow the normal procedure as if you want to join a new game. You enter the host's IP address etc. and proceed to the Assembly Hall. The Host in turn must pause the network session for everybody, then from the map view start the Online Join Wizard to get you back in.

That means, you need an effective means to knock the door telling the host to let you back in. Which in practice means to talk to him via Teamspeak or something similar.

• Moderators
Just irony, no problem.

But you are right, angry posts are not good, point taken :)

Is there a documentation about this? Where in the release notes is this documented?

Well, now that we are hopefully getting more "free time" after the release, items like this will be put into the SBwiki (until the updated manual is made available for consumption). Hopefully we can get to all that new wiki stuff soon. Actually, this sounds like a perfect item for the 3.0 FAQ post in the support forum! (I will add that to the post as soon as I can.) ;)

But please be respectful to others even if you don't want to be respectful of all the work put into the upgrade; I just don't see how someone can make an inflammatory post and not expect the same in return. If you give it, then you better be willing to receive it.

Thx for the information about joining, maybe this in particular

could be documented in detail l8tr on.

I'm sorry if i offended anyone, this wasn't my intention at all.

And believe me, i am respectful on the work you've put into this in all the years.

I for myself am developing software now for over 20 years and i know, how the detailing consumes time if you want to deliver something real good.

Just was baffled over how big this version was announced in misc forums.

I mean, it is a really nice update, but upgrade? Not yet.

Just wondering if this is really the version which is stored

in your latest branch/trunk ;)

Again, i am not disrespectful, i'm just no snuggler, when it comes to software-releases :biggrin:

FWIW, the online join-in-process sequence has been described in the 3.0 FAQ for now (until the manual and the SBwiki page is available):

http://www.steelbeasts.com/sbforums/showthread.php?p=243256#post243256

Hope that helps.

Great :) Thx a lot. Something like that for the operations would be nice too.

But now i'm starting to loose my concerns.

I would wager this forum doesn't take kindly to "snugglers". Haha

Maybe not now, but I imagine they'll change their position once they find out that Leopard 2's come with "snuggleable" loaders...

3O0EUc07QbM

Ahem...But all I want to know is if the BTR-80s will burn when we shoot them now, because my human gunners have a bad habit of picking one out, shooting it three times, and then shooting it again every time they scan over it.

Yes, Brian, your accuracy was 92%, but you shot the same dead vehicle 20 times!

:gun: