Purchase issue

Falconeer

Hello,

i'm trying to purchase the v3 version from the eSim site. I have or I think I have filled in everything correctly, but I can't seen to get past the "Confirmation" part.

I constantly get a Transaction declined message and a message :"Information entered incorrect. Try again." But I really don't know what i'm doing wrong...

Anyone have a clue what i'm doing wrong here? btw, trying to buy from the Netherlands via MasterCard.

Regards,

Falconeer

Keep trying and back completely out each time to start again ...

Also, regardless of whether a field says it's optional to fill in or not, ignore that and COMPLETE EVERY FIELD including the shipping stuff ..

I also found that the 3 digit credit card verification number would randomly flip numbers when I tried to backup with browser because of same errors you're getting..

Somewhere between 5 and 8 times of trying, I managed to get it to "take" and process the transaction. The email arrived almost immediately (two of them), but if you don't see it, check your "spam" in-box as it might get put there by your ISP or email program.

Regards,

Doug

• Administrators

It is encrypted, you just don't see it because its running inside a Iframe.

It's not perfect, but we have been using verisign for 10 years+ and nothing has changed.

AND the page wasn't even encrypted !!! WTF

Very poor payment process !!!

It is encrypted, you just don't see it because its running inside a Iframe.

Good to know, I was about to ask about this too.

Then I got "Error: Invalid required domain" and couldn't get past that. This was in Chrome. Then I switched to Firefox and it worked.

You may want to add a note to the page that the current window is secure. I for one normally don't do transactions I can't reasonably verify myself that they're sort of tamper-proof...

• Administrators
Good to know, I was about to ask about this too.

Then I got "Error: Invalid required domain" and couldn't get past that. This was in Chrome. Then I switched to Firefox and it worked.

You may want to add a note to the page that the current window is secure. I for one normally don't do transactions I can't reasonably verify myself that they're sort of tamper-proof...

The verisign page is mentioned on the page before. The alternative is to spawn the verisign page in a new window, or just go there and drop the look and feel of the site.

It might be worth considering to have it on a separate page where it is easier to verity for customers that it is indeed a properly secured page. Having the address as a https page and having the associated lock visible is a great deal more obvious than having people look at the source of the page and determining whether in fact the entry fields were a valid secured page presented in a frame. Right now it could easily be mistaken for an unsecured payment method.

Regards,

Sander

• Members

I can understand anyone suggesting that the entire web shop could use a make-over. But we didn't want to touch the one thing that has been working in the past 10 years just when releasing a new version with the rush of new orders. If something goes wrong at that point ... :shocked:

The verisign page is mentioned on the page before.

That's actually exactly what threw me, having read that I was expecting https and some verysign/paypal/whatever. Not seeing it made me think it might have been tampered with rather than just generally insecure.

My feeling is people are pretty immune to just popping out of a site, over to paypal or whatever, an then back again, I wouldn't worry about it. It's a much smaller issue than missing security flags. :D

I can understand anyone suggesting that the entire web shop could use a make-over. But we didn't want to touch the one thing that has been working in the past 10 years just when releasing a new version with the rush of new orders. If something goes wrong at that point ... :shocked:

I agree,play it safe, Murphy is out there!!!!

I have never had an issue with the store.

• Administrators
Thanks Sean about your fast support, another 3.0 customer in few minutes :P

I would wait a day. People cannot activate their permanent licenses right now due to some problem with the licensing company. Download and install pro pe 3 via torrent and spend some time reading the release notes in anticipation instead.

What can I say. I have apologized a few dozen times already, and I'll do it again: I'm sorry!

I hope to get the matter solved within the next 24 hours, and will keep you informed about the development of the situation as soon as there are news to report.

You're forgiven in my book Nils. Just keep making this simulation even better and perhaps release on a Monday so we have all week to work the server issues before a weekend dawns upon you. Looking forward to tomorrow, or perhaps tonight if the server's located in Germany.