v3.0 updated Gunnery Range scenarios

Volcano

• Moderators

Hello everyone,

A few issues were discovered with the Gunnery Range scenarios. These were fixed for a future patch, but some customers expressed a desire to have them now.

So, if you don't want to wait for a future patch, then you can get there now (attached).

Fixes are:

BRDM-2: corrected a problem where you started in the commander position and not the gunner, and could not access the gun to fire.

M1A2: corrected a problem where, under some rare circumstances, MPAT was messing up the gunnery score.

M1A1 and Leopard 2A4: corrected an issue where T-90s were popping thermal smoke when lased (laser warning receiver).

///////////////////////////

So, to use these scenarios, you must extract them to the EXACT location mentioned below. If you do not extract them there, then they will not function properly (they will load, but no targets will spawn on the range).

Extract to...

Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\Range

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\eSim Games\Steel Beasts\scenarios\z_Reseved\Range

(Of course if you would rather not "get your hands dirty" doing this then just wait for a patch to put them in the right place. ;))

Edited by Volcano

Hello everyone,

I,ve bought SB Pro PE 3.0 (earlier played 2.654). Thanks, it's great!

Now i'm testing tutorials: gunnery - M1A1. I've got Range SCEs.zip from Vulcano installed. My problems:

1. Tutorial "07 M1 Gunnery G" - i cant put range using keyboard keys (not the keys on the numeric keypad to the right) as stated in Planning Phase.

2. Tutorial "09 M1 Gunnery I" - GAS is under F3 key, not under F2, as stated in Planning Phase.

Maybe im doing something wrong.

P.S. My english is not fluent. Sorry.:(

Hello everyone,

I,ve bought SB Pro PE 3.0 (earlier played 2.654). Thanks, it's great!

Now i'm testing tutorials: gunnery - M1A1. I've got Range SCEs.zip from Vulcano installed. My problems:

1. Tutorial "07 M1 Gunnery G" - i cant put range using keyboard keys (not the keys on the numeric keypad to the right) as stated in Planning Phase.

2. Tutorial "09 M1 Gunnery I" - GAS is under F3 key, not under F2, as stated in Planning Phase.

Maybe im doing something wrong.

P.S. My english is not fluent. Sorry.:(

Hi,

These are Range scenarios (found under 'Tank Range' in the main menu of SB)

They are different from the Tutorial scenarios.

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

You are right, my mistake. Volcano scenarios in zip are Range scenarios. And are different. Information in my post about it was unnecessary. But in M1A1 gunnery Tutorials i still have two observations i made (like my previous post). Id like to know - is a bug or im making something wrong?

I'm unsure if this is a bug or an enhancement :-) It might also be a difficulty thing.

It looks like the keyboard equivalents for manual range and battlesight selection are no longer functional, at least in the M1s I tested on. I had to use the ballistic computer control panel.

Use the Z key to back away from the sight, then scan right with the mouse. For the M1A1 used in the Tutorial, on the control panel, click the Range button, click the digits for the range you want and then click the Enter button. Go back to the GPS and you should now see the manually entered range. Fire when ready!

It's marginally different on the M1A2 but the concept is the same.

You can also adjust Battlesight range that way.

It may be that only the TC can do those things in the real tank? Not sure about that at all.

• Moderators

Yes, the keyboard is no longer used to enter manual range into the ballistic computer on any vehicle that has a working 3d interior, reason being is that you wouldn't be able to do so on the real vehicle without looking at the ballistic computer (so you are forced to use it). The M1 and Leo2a4 tutorials are very old, so the briefings need to be updated.

Also, use the M1A1 SBwiki page, we try to keep the SBwiki up to date, and you can use it to figure out key assignments.

That´s a Challenge:

Post your Picture hitting a BRDM on the move with the first Round 105 mm HESH over 2.000 Meters (in let´s say 10 Seconds) ;-=

Leo 1A5 or better Leo 1AS.

Not here, I mean with real gunners.

“Assisted” by crew commanders and instructors providing boisterous encouragement (like “hit the #@%!#^!^# target or you are pushing the tank home”).

Works much better in the field than talking to someone in TS. :)

• Moderators
If my Gunner ever would try to shoot a Mover with HESH at 2.000 or more I would do other things to him ;-=

So pleazzzzze V-Man change the Ammo for the Gunnery Ranges to HEAT !

Ok, is this is only for the Leopard 1A5 scenario? The Leopard AS1 scenario seems like it doesn't have any HESH...

• Moderators
Ok, is this is only for the Leopard 1A5 scenario? The Leopard AS1 scenario seems like it doesn't have any HESH...

Ok, yeah, it only seemed to be a Leo 1A5 issue. I think it does make sense to remove HESH from the Leopard 1A5 gunnery scenario since many different nationalities used that tank and not all of them used HESH. I just updated the range scenarios again with that change.

Hopefully that is all that is left to do with the range scenarios, I have to move on to other issues now.

Ok, yeah, it only seemed to be a Leo 1A5 issue. I think it does make sense to remove HESH from the Leopard 1A5 gunnery scenario since many different nationalities used that tank and not all of them used HESH. I just updated the range scenarios again with that change.

Hopefully that is all that is left to do with the range scenarios, I have to move on to other issues now.

Thanks Volcano, works much better now.