Error: An internal error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code = 0x1808000

Sean

• Administrators

I see my post is too late. Yes, the licensing company will hopefully do whatever it takes to get it working monday morning US time.

Hi,

I have this error when trying to activate the license:

Error: An internal error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code = 0x18080001

I think is the same problem that will be fixed on next monday, no?

Best regards

Hi,

In the CM Control center now i have 2 "Sticks": CmStick and ESIMGAMES

In the 1st i have the license of 2.6 and in the 2nd no licenses installed.

When i tried the link that comes in the email for activating the license, in the field "choose your cmcontainer", is only available the CmStick (not the ESIMGAMES stick). This is correct or the other also needs to be available to choose? Where i need to install the license, on the cmstick or on the esimgames ?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

• Members

The "ESIMGAMES" stick is a virtual CM stick (as you can easily test when unplugging the physical CM stick). This virtual stick is ONLY suitable for the new time-based licenses (software rental).

CM stick owners who still want to use permanent licenses will have to purchase an upgrade license and activate it on the physical CmStick containing the other licenses for older Steel Beasts versions. However, at the moment this upgrade doesn't work due to an internal server error on the side of "License Central", where the depot for all your license tickets is.

Just as for feedback:

Just tried to get my license sorted and got this:

Error: An internal error has occurred. Please try again later. Error Code = 0x18080001

I am aware there are issues with the server aparently, so consider this post as feedback only. Waiting patiently. :redface:

Very disappointing ... 4 days later, .. and counting. :(

What I don't understand, .. given that Wibu Germany are +- 12 hours ahead of Wibu USA, .. why weren't they contacted first?, .. given that, according to his location info .. an eSim Sstaff member resides in that same country. :confused:

.. that way, we would have been 12 hours ahead of the problem, .. and not 24 hours behind, .. as we are now.

Oh well .. :frown:

Cheers

Tom

• Members
What I don't understand, .. given that Wibu Germany are +- 12 hours ahead of Wibu USA, .. why weren't they contacted first?

Because they can't access the server. Apparently they are using more or less the same technology as we do. There is a "Master CodeMeter Stick" that contains a counter for the number of licenses that may be activated. To increase that counter, a control file must be created in the US, sent to Wibu Germany, a new file is created in return and sent to the US, and there it gets applied to the "Master stick".

This time-consuming procedure may be tolerable if the alarm bell starts ringing early enough (like, two weeks in advance, which is usually the case). Unfortunately it failed.

Now that I have learned all these details, the decision is clear. In the future our License Central depot will be hosted by Wibu Systems in Germany.

Now that I have learned all these details, the decision is clear. In the future our License Central depot will be hosted by Wibu Systems in Germany.

Yay, .. sounds like a good plan .. as they way it's working now, seems extremely inefficient. :confused:

Thanks for the update Ssnake. :)

Cheers

Tom

Because they can't access the server. Apparently they are using more or less the same technology as we do. There is a "Master CodeMeter Stick" that contains a counter for the number of licenses that may be activated. To increase that counter, a control file must be created in the US, sent to Wibu Germany, a new file is created in return and sent to the US, and there it gets applied to the "Master stick".

This time-consuming procedure may be tolerable if the alarm bell starts ringing early enough (like, two weeks in advance, which is usually the case). Unfortunately it failed.

So what does that mean, we won't be able to play for weeks?