New scenario (with new mechanics) for testing

Zipuli

Here is a scenario I am working on, and it needs to be tested. Please help out! This is also practice for me for the Kouvostoliitto mission scripting!

In the scenario you will encounter following new game mechanics in PE 3.0:

- Only own side map updates

- Multiple parties

- Helicopters that land

- Civilians

- Changing weather

- On-map artillery

- Shadows ;)

...and of course enough random elements to keep replay value high.

So please test the scenario and send your results/AARs to this thread so I can take a look and see that things are fixed before I upload it to the DL section. The more testers, the merrier, as with all this new stuff scenario scripting is a lot more complicated than before! :D

...and if someone comes up with a catchy name for the scenario, please do tell!

EDIT:

Version updated Sep 22nd 1528hrs with:

- Improved red a bit

- Changed theme to autumn

- Fixed civilian casualty bug

- Came up with a nice workaround to add the static cars but not to fill AAR with "engine penalty" reports for each vehicle every 30 seconds. Now there is a party called "cars" and the cars will randomly appear, then be penalized with death (civilian cars don't burn when killed this way), so now there will be cars a plenty, messing up your TIS, and AAR is not clotted. :D

EDIT2: Updated Sep 22nd 1625hrs:

- Improved red

- Green choppers should not split the formation, causing a pile in the LZ...

- Compressed navmesh with "high" to reduce file size

EDIT3: Upd Sep 22nd 1810hrs:

- Fixed some typos and other minor issues... Tested in MP and seems to work well, though we didn't manage to finish (espi has a bloody nose now, BTW. No respect for 3.0 infantry and 3 vehicles down very quickly).

- Notice, during autumn the wet fields are slippy and draggy, so Leos will not go up slopes very well ;)

EDIT4: 22 Sep 1930hrs, FINAL test version:

- Added less slippy theme

- Added dedicated FO vehicle (FOV90) so in MP the FO player can have his own vehicle to drive around and call fires to visible targets (due to no red reporting on map, this basically is the quickest way to get things done, and rounds on target - like in real life!).

56e83cf275f93_JaalaRescueOperation_zip.4

Jaala Rescue Operation.zip

Edited by Zipuli

In this sce the MP are not yet in place to stop traffic, sorry. They arrive just after you finish the scenario, late as always ;)

Well... a few Lada's had a... High Explosive related accident.

DEFEAT :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7391179/Jaala%20Rescue%20Operation_092213THOMAS-DATOR1648.aar

Couldn't djump into TC spots on any vehicle. bug or feature?

Ground theme, right now its to slippy. the wheeled vehicles cant negotiate terrain by themself, you need to drive them manually, which takes away valuable time.

Make a SP version that has enemy contacts on map as well, atleast for me it was to much to handle a Coy and figure out where the contacts where.

BUUT, it was a fun small mission! :)

DEFEAT :(

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7391179/Jaala%20Rescue%20Operation_092213THOMAS-DATOR1648.aar

Couldn't djump into TC spots on any vehicle. bug or feature?

Ground theme, right now its to slippy. the wheeled vehicles cant negotiate terrain by themself, you need to drive them manually, which takes away valuable time.

Make a SP version that has enemy contacts on map as well, atleast for me it was to much to handle a Coy and figure out where the contacts where.

BUUT, it was a fun small mission! :)

Not being able to get to TC spot... Sound odd, all worked fine for me and other testers...? I will change the theme for a less hostile one for next upd.

Nice mission!

One remark; I would change the Embark if event for the helos leaving. I had some blue inf running around in that area, effectively blocking the helos from leaving. (Since Blue is friendly to Green).

Hmm... didn't realize they would try to pick up allies? Is this really so, or did you have some green individuals stuck somewhere, I had one time?

Hmm... didn't realize they would try to pick up allies? Is this really so, or did you have some green individuals stuck somewhere, I had one time?

No, all green personnel was in the helos. Well, those that survived :redface:

I had two CV90's killed in that area, with some troops surviving. (which stayed in the area).

Uploaded today!

Final version has some additional changes:

- added mini-UAV for the blue CO inf team

- changed NLAW teams to Spikes (they are cooler and playable)

- added an ARV and a medic

- modified the red side further, for more intelligent foe (hopefully)

- removed the time limit. Instead the quicker you do it, the better the score...

- added a version with full map updates (better for singleplayer). Notice that it is meant to be played with no map updates for the enemies (blue force tracking only) when playing online, for full realism and athmosphere.