Why are the speeds locked on the faster tanks like the FV107 Scimitar

wolfstriked

• Moderators
As the post says I tried some of the tank killers and they are slow as tanks and even slower then some.

Not exactly sure what you mean. No speeds are "locked", cross country speed is always reduced because it is a function of mass, power to weight ratio and suspension quality. However, routes of Slow and Fast speeds are governed, yes, but that is so dissimilar platoons can travel at similar rates. Try using Top Speed on roads and/or manually driving the platoon if you want to go as fast as possible.

I know its not WOT .:cul: Ok just did a quick test and most tanks are doing their posted speeds off road on the default map in mission editor.Scimitar is slightly slower then its posted while the fastest is the Leo2A4 which does 54kph offroad.Gotta love the 2A4 as it has speed/firepower and looks that kill!!

And by tank killers(tank destroyer is correct term) I always thought that term was for fast/lightly armored/big main weapon tanks.Dont hang me yet as I am new to tanks and get confused by them tank destroyers since MBT destroy tanks also.And I just found that the scimitar is actually a reconnaissance vehicle instead.:biggrin:

And by tank killers(tank destroyer is correct term) I always thought that term was for fast/lightly armored/big main weapon tanks.Dont hang me yet as I am new to tanks and get confused by them tank destroyers since MBT destroy tanks also.And I just found that the scimitar is actually a reconnaissance vehicle instead.:biggrin:

Ah, I see. Tank destroyers(in the original style) are out of fashion since the 60ies :-P

Scimitar and stuff: recon vehicles

"Tank destroyers" are in our day mainly: AT-helicopters or vehicles equipped with ATGM (anti-tank-guided-missles). So in the mission editor look for: M966, M901(ITV), M113-TOW, Jaguar and BRDM2-AT

"Fastness" is not their main asset...long range weapon is.